Chapter 52

We were in California

We were in California. I was so excited to see Ophelia. We got off the plane and were driving by one of Enzo's drivers to their mansion. It was really big, almost bigger than ours back home.

But when we got out of the car, Ophelia immediately came running up to us and hugged me and Miranda. "I'm so excited that you guys are here!" Ophelia exclaimed and I smiled.

"We are so happy to be here," Miranda replied and Ophelia showed us inside while the guys started talking to Enzo.

"So, how's married life?" Ophelia asked as we sat down in the living room.

"It feels like we are back to how we used to be," I answered and Ophelia smiled.

"I knew you could do it," she said and hugged me. "That's so awesome."

"They seem really happy all the time," Miranda responded and I smiled.

"I am happy, but how are you?" I questioned and Ophelia sighed.

"I fucked up," she whispered and I frowned. "I kissed Enzo or he kissed me on multiple occasions and now it's really awkward."

"How was it?" Miranda asked and Ophelia smiled.

"He knows what he's doing, for sure," Ophelia answered and Miranda and I gasped.

"What are you ladies talking about?" Manuele questioned as they walked in the room. Enzo had a firm expression on his face but Gavino seemed relaxed.

"Nothing of your concern," Miranda responded and Manuele raised an eyebrow.

"Come with me," Manuele spoke and Miranda sighed but stood up and followed him.

Enzo and Gavino sat down but I could see Ophelia tense up as Enzo sat down next to her. I was beginning to notice who had made the choice of the awkwardness. Enzo didn't seem to think that anything was weird as he just sat there and talked with Gavino.

Gavino's hand was resting on my thigh and every now and then his thumb would swipe back and forth which caused me to shiver.

"How long is it left until Ophelia is coming back to Spain?" I asked and Ophelia smiled.

"Four months," Gavino answered and I nodded for Ophelia to follow me. We both stood up and said that we were going to the bathroom, which we weren't.

"Hey, am I just imagining things or are you the one who's making it awkward with Enzo?" I questioned Ophelia and she sighed.

"You're not imagining things. I just... I think I like him so I try to stay away but it's hard since it's my job," she explained and I smiled.

"That's great though." She smiled but shook her head.

"He seems oblivious and I guess that's good but I don't know what I want," Ophelia said and smiled softly.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out, he seems like a great guy," I replied and she nodded.