Chapter 39

They say the fifth stage of grief is acceptance

They say the fifth stage of grief is acceptance. They were right.

A week went by since my talk with Xavier on the beach and we were hanging out a lot, but most often with other people too. I needed to talk to Samuel about the broken alliance so I went to his office and this time I knocked.

"Come in," he said and I entered the office.

I closed the door behind me and sat down across from him.

"I want to talk to you about the broken alliance," I spoke and he nodded. "I heard you tell Enrico that a solution would be that I get married to an Italian. I just wanted to tell you that I'm okay with it. You can do that, just not Enrico. He's Gavino's brother and Alba's ex, just someone unimportant is fine. Someone who I don't know now."

"Wow, Julieta, are you sure?" Samuel asked and I nodded. "Because this would fix a lot of our problems."

"I'm sure," I answered and Samuel smiled.

"Thank you."

~~~~

Hugo and Luca had decided that they wanted us to go clubbing.

I wasn't sure if I was going to come with them but I did.

I wanted to party, drink and let loose.

So I decided on a green dress.

I curled my hair and did my makeup and then walked downstairs to everyone

This was the first time that the new recruits would go with us to the club and also the first time that we all went together.

Earlier it had only been just us girls or just the guys.

Xavier had promised to show me how they used to party so I was ready for it.

We all got in different cars and I got into a car with Xavier, Luca, Manuele and Samuel.

It wasn't planned.

They put on Harry Styles because Luca was in charge of the music and Sign of the times started playing. It was very sad and I was surprised but it was kind of nice.