1. Life as it is

Discipline: Amanda/Cody (F/M) Talk of Punishment | Skylar/Eden (F/F) Timeout | Kennan/Elliot (M/M) Timeout

(A/N): This is the start to my brand new book and continuation of 'Emerson Family'. I hope you all enjoy this book as much as the other one.

It has been six years since you've seen this family last. It's late August so schools only be in session for less than a month. Eden and Elliot are adjusting well to school. It was a hard day for Skylar, her babies starting there first year of school.

Over the past six years Skylar and Kennan have gotten married. They decided to hyphen their last names. There family didn't necessarily agree with it, but it's what they wanted to do.

Dave is still working at his office, and Amanda's still a stay at home mom. Cody is now in sixth grade, Juliet and Chloe are going to a college together about an hour away, they are as close as they've ever been. Juliet is studying to be a Doctor, and Chloe is studying to be a Biological Scientist.

The twins, Eden and Elliot are in kindergarten. Kennan worked on getting his license as a police officer, and Skylar works at the reception area for the police station. The grandparents are enjoying retired life.

Everyday after school Amanda picks up Cody, Eden, and Elliot after school. She drops Eden and Elliot off at the police station before her and Cody head home.

Over the past six years Dave and Amanda decided to sell their house, which everyone was sad about, it was the house all the kids grew up in.

But they purchased a big plot of land, for a house for them two, Cody, and Juliet when she comes home from college, so they've downsized a lot. Then they built another smaller house for Kennan, Skylar, and the twins. That way they can all still be close.

Chloe and Juliet are now twenty-one years old, and in college. They have been pretty well behaved while at college. They usually come home every weekend if they don't have a lot of studying to do. They've gotten into trouble a few times since they've gone to college, resulting in a spanking.

Meanwhile Cody's now 12 and in sixth grade, his first year of middle school. Ever since he's started middle school he's developed a bit of an attitude. Dave and Amanda aren't happy about it at all. They think it may have to do with the fact, it seems like he's an only child now since Juliet went to college, and Kennan moved out even though they're still close by.

Current day, Amanda is picking up the three kids from school. She can tell Cody has an attitude by the way he's walking out.

Amanda sighs, knowing this won't end well. Cody walks out and gets in the front seat of Amanda's mini van.

"Hey bud, how was your day?" Amanda asks. "Fine." Cody says. Amanda starts driving over to the elementary school to pick up the twins.

"Did something happen?" Amanda asks. "No, I just have a lot of homework." Cody says. "Alright." Amanda says. Amanda pulls into the line to pick up Eden and Elliot.

"Hi you two, how was school?" Amanda asks her grandkids. "Hi grandma!" Eden smiles. "It was good, we had lunch outside with our teacher!" Eden smiles. "Ooo, that sounds like fun!" Amanda smiles.

Eden's a very cheerful and happy kid. Elliot on the other hand is really shy to everyone but he's still very happy.

"Elliot, how was your day?" Amanda asks. "Good." Elliot says quietly. Amanda smiles back at him.

"Can we just go already?" Cody asks and rolls his eyes. "Excuse me?" Amanda says. "You're being slow!" Cody yells at his mother. Eden gasps at his tone. She would never get away with talking to anyone that way.