20. New Family & Family Time

Discipline: Skylar/Kennan (F/M) Scolding, as a joke

It's been about a week since Skylar met with her mom. It's the weekend after fourth of July, and the whole family is spending some time together tonight. They're doing this Saturday night, since fourth of July was in the middle of the week. Amanda suggested Skylar invite her mom, so the whole family can meet her, since everyone will be at the function.

Saturday
4:00 p.m.

Kennan walks into the kitchen to see Skylar putting together some food for tonight. "That looks delicious." Kennan says. Then Kennan tries to grab a piece of food. Skylar quickly swats his hand away, "They're for tonight mister." Skylar says. "Alright, Alright." Kennan says, putting his hands up in surrender. "Could you walk this up to your parent's house please?" Skylar asks. "Sure thing, babe." Kennan smiles and kisses her.

Kennan heads up to his parents house, to drop the dish off. Skylar was going to go up and get the kids ready, but there was a knock on the door. Skylar opens her door, to see her mom. "Hey, please come in." Skylar says. "Hey, I figured I'd walk up with you guys." Ruby says. "Alright, you can sit, I need to get the kids ready." Skylar says. "Alright. I think your dad actually just got here, I'll walk up with him." Ruby says. "Oh Okay, see you soon." Skylar says, as she walks upstairs.

Skylar goes into Eden's room first, "Sweetie, you need to get dressed. We're going up to your grandparents house soon." Skylar tells her daughter. "Okay mommy." Eden says. "Will Juliet and Chloe be there?" Eden asks. "Yeah, they came home this weekend." Skylar says. "Here, how about this dress?" Skylar asks. "Yes mommy!" Eden says happily.

After Skylar gets Eden dressed, she sends her downstairs to get shoes on. Skylar goes into Elliot's room, and Kennan must have came back, because he was getting Elliot ready. "Didn't hear you come back." Skylar says.

Meanwhile outside with Ruby. After Ruby left the house, she found Mark getting out of his truck. "Hey." Mark says, and waves to Ruby. "Hey." Ruby says, walking up to Mark. "I figured we could walk up together." Ruby says. "That works, have you talked to Skylar?" Mark asks. "Yeah, not much though." Ruby says. Mark nods, as they walk up.

The gate to the backyard is open, so they walk into the backyard. Amanda notices them right away, as she puts some food on the table. "Hi!" Amanda waves as they walk up. "Hi Amanda." Mark says, and hugs her. "Hello." Amanda says and shakes Ruby's hand. "Hello, I'm Ruby, Skylar's mom." Ruby says. "I figured, nice to meet you." Amanda says, with a smile.

Amanda yells for Dave to come over, and he does so. "This is Dave my husband." Amanda smiles. "Hi, nice to meet you." Dave says, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you." Ruby says. Amanda introduces everyone to Amanda, pointing at them one by one, and explaining who they are.

"You have a very big family." Ruby says. "Yes, I've always had a big family, since I was a kid." Amanda smiles. "I'm the complete opposite, always had a small family. But your family looks wonderful." Ruby smiles. "Thank you. You'll learn to love us." Amanda smiles. "Well, I'm going to get the rest of the food out, then we can start eating." Amanda says. Ruby nods.

Ruby and Mark go to sit down. Then a few minutes later Kennan, Skylar, and the twins show up. "Hi mama." Kennan says as he walks up to Amanda. "Hey." She says, and gives Kennan a hug.

Meanwhile Skylar takes the twins over to her mother. "Mommy, who's that?" Elliot asks. "It's someone I want you to meet." Skylar says. "This is your grandma." Skylar says. "Hi!" Ruby smiles. "Hi." Eden says semi shyly. "This is Eden, and this is Elliot." Skylar says. "It's nice to meet you guys." Ruby smiles.  "This is my mom." Skylar tells the twins. Both twins nod.

Kennan walks up to Skylar, the twins, and her mom. "Hello." Kennan says, shaking Ruby's hand. "Hello, Kennan I presume." Ruby says. "Yes, nice to meet you, again." Kennan says. "Yes, nice to meet you too. I guess our last interaction didn't go well." Ruby says. Skylar sends the kids to go find there aunts, uncle, or grandparents.