12. Pool Day

Discipline: Dennis/Chloe (M/F) Lecture | Kennan & Skylar/Eden (M & F/F) Lecture | Skylar/Eden (F/F) Hand

Today everyone is going over to Dave and Amanda's for a pool party. Dave and Adam are going to be grilling a bunch of food. Amanda and Christine are going to put together a few sides. The whole family is coming, Chloe and Juliet, are coming down from college. Thankfully, both of them have stayed out of trouble this week.

On the other hand Eden, not so much. She's been acting up, having an attitude, and being mean to Elliot all week. Kennan and Skylar are not happy, and Eden's received multiple spankings. But her attitude still hasn't changed. Kennan and Skylar talked about her having to sit out at the pool party.

It's now four o'clock, and everyone is starting to arrive. Kennan and Skylar obviously got there first, since they live right by the house. When they walk in the kids hug their grandparents. "Mommy, can we get in the pool?" Eden asks. "Not right now baby. There's no one to watch you guys. Let's wait till someone else gets here." Skylar says. "But, mommy!" Eden yells. Amanda and Dave both make a surprised face at how loud she was. "Eden Rose, listen to mommy or you cannot swim at all." Kennan scolds.

Eden stomps off into the backyard, to go swing. Skylar gives Kennan a dirty look and turns on her heel into the other room. Kennan sighs, and he follows Skylar into the living room. "Sky, what's wrong?" Kennan asks. "I was handling it! You know, I have to discipline the kids too!" Skylar yells. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I figured you wanted my help, since she wasn't listening." Kennan says. "I feel like you never let me punish the kids."

"Obviously, I don't want to, but this is why they never listen to me, and always listen to you." Skylar says, upset. "Sky, they listen to you." Kennan says. "Oh really, then what was that in there?" Skylar says, annoyed. "Yeah, you're right. Well, tomorrow let's have a talk with them, and I'll be better at letting you handle it." Kennan says. "Thank you." Skylar smiles. Kennan brings Skylar in for a hug.

After they make up, they head back into the kitchen. "Are you two good?" Dave asks. "Yes sir." Skylar says with a smirk. "Good." Amanda smiles.

A few minutes later both sets of grandparents arrive. They say 'hi' to everyone, then head to the backyard, where Eden is allowed to swim. Elliot on the other hand, wanted to play on the play set.

About twenty minutes later, Mark, Skylar's dad, has arrived. "Dad! Hi!" Skylar says, hugging him. "Hey honey." Mark says, hugging her back. "How are you?" Mark asks. "I've been good. How are you?" Skylar asks, as she walk into the kitchen. "Good honey, just missed you." Mark says. "I know. We've just been busy with the kids. But we'll invite you for dinner soon." Skylar says. "Sounds good, honey." Mark leaves Skylar to talk with Dave.

Dave and Adam started grilling some hotdogs and hamburgers. Amanda and Christine are putting together some fruit, making corn, and green beans. Eden's in the pool with Juliet, Chloe, and Mark, Elliot is being swung by Kennan, Skylar is sitting on the porch with Susie and Patricia, Byron and Dennis are helping out with the grill.

About a half hour later it is time to eat. Skylar and Kennan help the kids get their plates, and everyone else gets their own plate. Skylar gets Eden some vegetables, which Eden isn't happy about. Elliot doesn't mind them that much, but he still doesn't like to eat them.

Once everyone has gotten food, and sat down, they eat. "Mommy, can we get back in the pool after we eat?" Eden asks. "Sure honey." Skylar smiles. "Will you get in?" Eden asks. "We'll see." Skylar says.

Over where Dennis and Patricia are sitting, Juliet and Chloe are sitting across from them. "So, how have you two been?" Dennis asks his granddaughters. "I've been good, just been busy studying for tests." Juliet says. "Me too." Chloe says. Chloe is hoping her dad didn't tell her grandpa what happened with her test.