9. Attitude Returns

Discipline: Kennan/Cody (M/M) Timeout | Dennis/Amanda & Adam (M/F & M) Lecture | Dave/Cody (M/M) Wooden Spoon

It's now the morning that Dennis is getting out of the hospital. After everyone went home the other night Adam and Amanda both called, Juliet and Chloe. So they could know what is going on. They both were scared and wanted to come down to the hospital. But there parents told them no, he would be out in a few days, and they have classes and schoolwork.

Dave and Amanda, signed Cody out of school today, since today Dennis is getting out of the hospital. Dave is going to have Cody wait at Kennan and Skylar's, then come back to pick him up.

It's now noon, so Kennan, Skylar, and Cody are sitting down for lunch. They still had the twins go to school, because they can see Dennis tonight. Cody has been anxious all day, and Kennan is picking up on it. Skylar just made some sandwiches for lunch, with chips, and some fruit.

"Cody, are you okay?" Kennan asks. Cody looks up at Kennan with wide eyes. "Um..yeah." Cody says with a bit of attitude. "Check the attitude. Dad's given me permission to punish you." Kennan warns. "Okay!" Cody says, rolling his eyes. Kennan drops it for now, not wanting to get into it.

After lunch, Skylar and Kennan start cleaning. "Cody, can you please put the condiments away?" Kennan asks. "Oh my god. Why do I have to do everything?" Cody complains. "I asked you to do one thing!" Kennan says. "Babe, I can do it, it's fine." Skylar says, not wanting Cody to start stuff. "No, I asked him to do it. It's one simple thing." Kennan says.

"Just shut up! I don't want to do your stupid chores!" Cody yells. "That's it! Corner now!" Kennan says. "But!" Cody tries. Kennan just points to the corner, having enough of his brother's attitude. Cody sighs and walks over to the corner.

Dennis & Patricia's House
12:30 p.m.

Everyone just arrived at Dennis and Patricia's house. Christine had to go into work today, so she couldn't be there. But Adam, Amanda, and Dave are there to welcome him back home. Once they arrive, Adam helps his dad get out of the car. Then Amanda unlocks the door for them all. Dennis still isn't one-hundred percent better, but he's almost there, and the medicine will help.

Adam brings his dad into the living room, and sits him down in his chair. "I'm fine, son, thank you." Dennis says. Adam backs away, knowing his dad hates this type of treatment. "Are you okay Dennis? Need anything?" Patricia asks. "I'm good dear, thank you." Dennis says. "I'm going to start on lunch." Patricia says. "Kids, we need to talk." Dennis tells Adam and Amanda. "I'll go help your mom." Dave tells Amanda, giving her a sympathetic look.

"Both of you sit." Dennis tells his children. "Yes sir." Adam says. "The way you acted at the hospital is unacceptable. Your mother was already worried about me, and you had to put more on her plate." Dennis lectures. "Yes sir, we're sorry." Adam says. Amanda nods along. "I know you two are. You should know way better than that, at this age." Dennis scolds. Both kids nod, feeling guilty.

"Now, I was going to punish you both, but I'm not in a state to be able to do that." Dennis says. "So, this one time only I'm letting you two off with a lecture." Dennis says. "Yes sir, thank you." Adam says. "Thank you sir." Amanda says. "I love you kids, but you can't be acting like this, especially as grown adults." Dennis lectures. "Yes sir."

After Dave hears the conversation is over, he goes back into the living room. "I'm going to go pick up Cody, then I'll be back." Dave tells Amanda. "Alright, love you." Amanda says and gives Dave a kiss.

Skylar & Kennan's House

It's been about ten minutes since Kennan sent Cody to the corner. Skylar and Kennan just finished up the dishes. Kennan walks into the living room, where Cody is in the corner. "Cody, you can come out now." Kennan tells his younger brother. Cody turns around, with tears going down his face.