Chapter 40- Liam

Emily looked at me and frowned "Well I don't like him okay?"

The car ride was awkward after that and no one spoke. Eventually she took a nap and I was the only one awake. Alone to my thoughts.

Why is everything suddenly so complicated, this may be the last time I ever see Emily again who knows what can happen while she's away in Italy.

-----
"Hey Emily wake up." I said tapping her thigh she stirred in her sleep telling me she is awake but soon fell asleep again making me chuckle. "Emily wake up."

I pinched her thigh making her yelp and wake up. "What's wrong?" Emily asked fully alarmed taking a quick glance at James in the back seat.

"We're here."

We all got out of the car and looked at the big campus in front of us. Emily grabbed James' hand and we went straight to the office.

People obviously stared at the newbies others didn't care but I did hear some people say Emily and I were a bit too young to have a son and it finally occurred to me that we do look like a family.

The interview went great I hope. "You wanna tour around the town for a bit?" I asked Emily and she shook her head so we got back in the car and went home.

----
"Dude it's been a week and you still haven't spoken to Emily." Justin said coming into my house, I shrugged my shoulders as if I don't care.

"And stop with the damn 'I don't care' attitude. I know it's killing you."

He was right. I'm a fucking mess all because of Emily, every time I think about calling her or going to her house I remember how she doesn't want to speak to me and I swear my heart breaks. But I'd never admit it, I'm too stubborn to admit such a thing like that.

"Listen Justin I'm fine! If she doesn't want to speak to me then so be it, I'm not letting her ruin my summer it's not my problem." lies all lies every word I just spoke was a lie.

"So you guys broke up or no? Because Sarah is taking her to some party tonight and I heard Connor is going."

Okay I guess I have to talk to her then. I got up from my seat and looked at Justin "Walk Carley for me." I tossed him the leash and left before he can protest.

I got in my car and drove to Emily's house and beeped the horn until she came out, noticing my car she stepped out further and into my car, sitting in the passenger seat Emily looked at me expectantly.

"Okay I'm sorry I'm being such a jealous douche and arguing with you for most of your decisions but I'm really scared something's going to happen to us while you're away and I can't lose you Emily. I love you so much and I've been a real bad boyfriend, I'm gonna try and make it up to you I swear."

Emily smiled at me "Oh Liam you shouldn't be apologizing if someone came up to you and started hitting on you I would be pissed and I'm sorry for being real distant with you I've just been in a bad mood lately and I took it out on you."

She leaned in and hugged me which was kind of uncomfortable with the arm rest in the way. I pulled away and kissed her feeling her smile through kiss. "I love you Liam." she said once we pulled away. "I love you too."

"So we good?" Chris asked from the backseat scaring us.

"When'd you get here?!"

"When you guys were doing your apologies." he said with a cheeky smile on his face. "So are we good?"

I stared at Emily and smiled "Yeah we're good."

****
(_) I'm ashamed that this chapter is so short because you guys deserve more than this and I've been treating you badly.