Chapter 15-Liam

It's been two months since me and Emily have became friends and honestly I regret ever ditching Emily in the first place, I forgot how hilarious she is, we text each other all the time, I had decided to finally bring her to my house so my mom could leave me alone about when am I gonna talk to Emily again.

"Okay I need you to be quiet. You know what? Just take your shoes off and on my cue come out" I whispered to Emily and she nodded her head before bending down to take off her shoes. 'Stay here' I mouthed before walking into the living room where my mom and dad was.

Perfect. My dad is finally back home, he's also been on my case about the Emily thing.

"Dad you're home." I said shocked and he stood up to give me hug. "Hey Liam I missed you." He said before we parted "So how's school?" He asked sitting back down by my mom. "It was like any other day, boring." I responded. My mom looked at me and I knew she wanted to ask but didn't want to be disappointed. I sat next to them and watched TV with them and talking for five minutes before saying "Tinky Winky." and I expected Emily to come in but she didn't. "What was that sweetie?" my mom asked

I cleared my throat "I said Tinky Winky." I spoke louder, how could Emily not understand she loved the Teletubbies when we were little, well we both did. "Oh!" I heard her exclaim before she came in and my mom gasped "Hi Mrs. Collins. Mr. Collins." She said and my mom got up and hugged her and I heard sniffling,

"Mom are you crying?" "No shit I'm crying I missed her." My mom sobbed still holding on to Emily. My dad pulled my mom off of Emily before giving her a hug. "I missed ya hun." He said. Emily stayed over at my house until she said she had to go home. "I'll drive you." I offered "Ok bye Karen. Bye Greg." She had said to my parents.

"So how come I haven't seen your mom?" I questioned when we got in the car "What?" She asked looking at me "Your mom. I've been to your house and never seen your mom." I explained and she looked down. "O-oh. She's dead. My mom's dead." She said fiddling with her fingers

"How'd she die?" "She had brain cancer." Emily spoke quietly "I'm sorry to hear that." I said upset her mom was amazing, that's where Emily got her personality from, and her beauty. I parked the car and got out, Emily got out too and I gave her a big hug "Sorry for bringing it up." I apologized and she nodded her head as an ok. We had one last hug before she went into her house. I drove back home, when I got there my mom was in the kitchen and when she saw me she started smiling "You like her don't you." She squealed

"Mom we are friends. I have Sarah remember. Besides she has a boyfriend." I rolled my eyes at my moms assumption "You never denied it." She smirked, she sighed thoughtfully "You know when you two were little you had got 'married' in our backyard, even had a donut as your wedding cake. I always knew you'd be soul mates." She said before smiling.

I groaned and headed toward the stairs, "You act like such a loved up teenage girl sometimes." I grumbled while going upstairs. "And we aren't soul mates." I called halfway up hearing her laughing.

I took out my phone and texted Sarah and Justin, I tried texting Emily but she wasn't answering which I felt like it was my fault. What if she's crying cause I brought back memories of her mom? I felt my heart fall to the pit of my stomach thinking about Emily's tear stained face, or she could be texting Luke which made me even more upset, it's not that I don't like Luke it's just that I don't think he's right for Emily.

I voiced my thoughts to Justin the next day.

"Wait wait wait, why do you think he's not right for Emily?" Justin questioned leaning forward, I shrugged my shoulders
"Just a gut feeling I guess." Justin raised an eyebrow and I mentally cursed myself knowing he's gonna say something crazy. "Luke isn't right for Emily because you think you are don't you?" Justin accused.

"Why does everyone think I have a thing for Emily? I have a girlfriend, one who I like alot. Seriously dude." he held his hands with a smile on his face "No need to get defensive, just a thought." He said.
Honestly why does everyone think that? I do not have a thing for Emily, people get defensive over their friends all the time. My phone buzzed in my pocket and it was a text from Emily saying she couldn't hang out with me today because she and Luke are going on a date.

I unintentionally sighed disappointed, I was really hoping we could spend today together, "What's the matter?" Justin asked "Uh n-nothing just Emily can't hang out with me today." I told him acting as if it didn't effect me, but since Justin is my friend he knew already that I was disappointed. "Shut up Justin." I warned

"I didn't say anything." He still had a smirk on his face "You don't need to your face says it all." I told him. "Well I have to go. I'm coming over after school." Justin said grabbing his backpack and standing up.

I was sitting by myself now and it gave me sometime to think about somethings, me and Sarah's relationship is shit, we rarely hang out and we barely talk nowadays, absolute shit. She says she loves me but I doubt it, she's not a slut or anything it's just she's not the girl for me, I'm gonna break up with her today. I have to. Just hope she isn't too heartbroken about it.

"Two years Liam. We've been dating for two years! What did I do wrong?" Sarah asked tears in her eyes "I'm not gonna give you that whole 'it's not you it's me' bullshit I just feel like we don't have a connection anymore." I told her truthfully

she sniffled and nodded her head "If that's what you want then fine. I love you Liam." She said before placing a soft kiss on my cheek and Trisha took her away glaring at me before they left.
****
Okay so I changed how her mother died several times but just to make it clear she died of brain cancer (it's late and I don't feel like looking up a specific type)