Chapter 31-Emily

His lips are on my lips. I immediately kissed him back wrapping my arms around him, his hands on my neck and through my hair, it felt like butterflies and fireworks erupted in my stomach it felt like we were the only two people here, I felt him smile through the kiss before he slowly pulled away.

"Wow." was all he said but all I could do was touch my lips. His hand put his hand on my cheek and I leaned into his touch, I looked up at him and stared into his eyes "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." he said. This is wrong. Very wrong. Then why does it feel right?

"EMILY IT'S TIME TO CUT THE CAKE." I heard my dad call I stepped out of Liam's embrace and when I walked a few steps away it occurred to me that I haven't said a word to him about the kiss.

I liked it no I loved it so why couldn't I tell him that. Deciding to sneak a look back at him I saw him looking helplessly at me. I gave Liam a small smile before walking to the counter where the cake was.

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear Emily.

I just awkwardly looked around as everyone sang to me and when it was over I blew out the candles while people clapped. I smiled but my eyes searched for Liam and saw him standing next to Jonathan he winked at me and I felt the heat rise up to my face.

"I want an end piece!" James called peeking his head up above the table "No I want the corner piece." Justin whined. I laughed before getting my own piece and walking to a table near by.

Sophia soon sat down by me and I started mumbling the lyrics to the song that was placing. She stared at me for a long time until I finally had enough "Staring at me won't make you prettier than me."

"You're hiding something." was all she said, my mind quickly wandered to the kiss and much to my displeasure a smile formed onto my face and once again my face heated up, pushing up my glasses I replied "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit. You started smiling and you're blushing not to mention your lip gloss is less glossier than before meaning you either kissed someone or you wiped it off but knowing you, you wouldn't just halfway wipe off lip gloss if you wanted to wipe it off you would've wiped it fully off." she paused to breathe "Sooooo who did you kiss?"

I swear if this was a tv show the audience would've cheered or something.

"Okay I didn't kiss anyone he kissed me and I might've kissed him back and that person was Liam." I told her, she dropped her fork that had a piece of cake on it.

"No way! He finally did it? So he told you how he felt and what did you say?."

"I didn't say anything we just kissed and I left but in my defense I didn't know what to say." I shrugged before eating a piece of cake.

"You could've told him how you felt and then you both could've been a thing."

I looked at her with an 'are you kidding me?' look. "Luke and I just broke up and I know you want me and Liam to be a thing but I did actually like Luke. A lot so I'm still hurt. Geez Sophia can you care about my feelings for once." I snapped.

Sophia gaped at me, opening her mouth and closing it like a fish gasping for air. "This whole time I've been caring about your feelings! I just want you to be happy for Christ sakes."

I rolled my eyes "Yeah right cause that's why ever since you had this weird obsession with Liam and I being together all you've done was talk down on my boy- ex-boyfriend. Because you cared about me being happy" I sarcastically replied.