Chapter 25- Emily

I'm so confused right now I can't even think properly. One minute Liam is confessing his feelings for me, and the next minute he's telling me it was all a prank to get back at me? Who does that?

I couldn't think straight after it happened and for the whole fifth period. The thing is I could've sworn I seen fear in his eyes, not like watching a scary movie fear but the kind of fear my dad would get when he and my mom would get in an argument. It was as if Liam was afraid of losing someone, afraid of losing me.

I don't know what to believe, but I should get my mind off of Liam and think about my wonderful boyfriend. Liam has been clouding my thoughts enough and my boyfriend hasn't.

"Hey pumpkin spice. I missed you." why is everyone calling me that today?

I turned my head and saw Jonathan standing above me with open arms. I smiled before getting out of my chair

"You're back. I missed you so much, when did you get back?" I wrapped my arms around his waist while his went around my shoulders sqeezing lightly.

"I've been back for a week, I just didn't feel like coming to school. But I decided to come at last period so I can leave early. Smart huh? I just told the lady at the front desk that I just got back."

Jonathan had went away for a while with his family on some trip to where ever a few months ago, he left around the time me and Luke had our first date.

"We were supposed to be home earlier. Did you know you can get in trouble for bringing imported shampoo on a plane?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone knew that." I grinned amused

"Well I didn't and I may or may not have caused a scene and got my family in trouble." he sheepishly said while scratching the back of his head.

I laughed at this

God I missed this boy so much.

"So what happened while I was gone?" his eyes shined with excitement and curiousity, that's one thing about Jonathan he hates leaving for long periods of time, he likes to know everything and anything.

"I'll tell you after class." I told him as the teacher walked into the classroom.

I kept sneaking glances at Liam, it's not like I wanted to, it just happened on it's own. Jonathan noticed it a few times and either sent me a questioning glance or did that eyebrow thing, other times he would make this frustrated face because he doesn't know what's going on.

Jonathan stared at the clock every few minutes with impatience. I decided I should focus on what the teacher is saying because I do want to get into a good college after all.

Twenty minutes later the bell rang "Yes! Finally." Jonathan exclaimed jumping up from his seat and grabbing mine and Sophia's hand, he lead us all the way to the tree we sit by at lunch

"Okay now. Tell. Me. Every thing."

"Well Luke and I are dating."

"Me and Andrew were dating in secret for two months before we told Milly." Sohpia said using a nickname she came up with for me, when we met.

Jonathan gasped

"Me and Liam are friends again. And Liam and Sarah broke up."

he gasped again

"Then Emily found out that Liam has feelings for her."

Jonathan 'fainted'

"Actually he told me he didn't have feelings for me and it was all just a prank." I said matter of factly

"He said that? And you believed him?" Sophia questioned shocked, I nodded my head and I turned to Jonathan and smacked his cheek

"Get up fool." he 'woke up'  "And my mom said I wouldn't miss much while I was away." he sighed shaking his head. "Where is Andrew anyway?" Jonathan asked

"I texted him and he said he'll meet us here." "Correction he'll meet you both here. I have to go pick up my little brother." I said grabbing my stuff and dusting myself off from sitting on the ground.

"Aww. I'm coming over to visit you both soon." Jonathan called after me, "Okay." I called back

I felt someones hand slip into mine, just as I was about to pull back I saw it was Luke, I instantly smiled at him "Hey. I'm just getting ready to go get my brother. Wanna come?"

"Sure thing. Do you wanna get pizza afterwards?" he asked smiling at me. I nodded my head as and 'okay' and we continued walking, occaionally talking and laughing about random and unimportant things.

Still my thoughts wondered over to Liam. Why did Sophia seem shocked and asked if I believed him? Do I believe him? Does she know something I don't? This is all too much to think about.

"You okay?" Luke asked noticing my silence "What? Oh yeah I'm okay. Just thinking."