Grudge 2.

Ever since Dan Hua was a child he was maltreated and given up to abuse. He would come back home everyday and watch his mother get beaten by his drunk father or sometimes he would have to get beaten to be able to prevent his father from beating up his younger siblings.

His mother Dan Mian was an ordinary baker with no money, she had a small stall that sold all kinds of snacks like dumplings, tang yuan and candied fruit. She had little or no money to sustain her three kids and with her abusive husband life became more threatening for her.

Her husband was Dang Ran, a man with no regard or respect whatsoever, he didn't have a job, didn't care for his children but all he ever did was drink continuously until he was unable to sustain himself.

Dan Hua learned from a young age that fighting was the only way to solve his issues and from a young age he became a hoodlum. Fighting everyone if he got the chance and sometimes even fighting his own father.

He was known across the streets as the Smiling Bull. and his name was feared when mentioned. A young boy who was not mentally stable and smiled a lot.

Soon after, when Dan Hua was nine he dropped out of school and began having fights with everyone and anyone. He was a loose bull who couldn't be stopped or talked to.

Due to this he and his mom always had fights, his mom would ask him to continue school but he would refuse saying. " Why can't I be a hoodlum? There is no place for me in a nasty school. Look at my father, he is the man of the house but yet you provide everything for him. Didn't he go to school and look at how he turned out."

Hearing this his mother would melt down and cry and his father would beat him up until his bones were broken.

And his siblings would watch and cry while they seeing their elder brother get beaten.

Until one day Dan Hua couldn't stand it anymore...

Dan Hua came back home extra late because of a fight he was covered in blood and his face had been smashed. This was the first time he had lost a fight against someone but even though he lost Dan Hua couldn't still accept it. The hoodlums came in groups this time to attack him and not alone. He blamed the hoodlums and called what they did injustice. Forgetting on the streets there was no such thing as injustice.

As he walked into his house, there were sudden cries and the sounds of children shouting. He was used to hearing cries but he had never heard his siblings shout before. They only shouted if the situation was truly bad.

Hearing this Dan Hua's fingers froze and he was unwilling to open the door. But soon after the door simply opened by itself and it made a creaking sound. Dan Hua walked into the house but all he could see were books scattered about and broken bottles on the floor. He wondered what would have made the mess but he tiptoed to his parents room. And like he guessed it was from the room the sounds had come from.

Then there was a sudden scream. " Stop! Don't hurt them please! They are your kids."

In no time Dan Hua kicked the door open. His heart was still racing and he was breathing incredibly fast. When he saw the sight he shivered.

His younger sister was on the ground covering his baby sister. Her back was whipped and blood was gushing out. Her green dress was covered with red particles like a bucket of blood was poured on her. She cried as she got whipped but her sister who was still under her cried even more. Their mother tried her best to stop the man but the man only kicked her and pushed her away. Nothing could stop the drunk man in rage.

Dan Hua watched without any movements, he was afraid and unsure of what he could possibly do at that point but then he noticed a shining object on the ground. He turned over to it and saw it was a knife. As he rushed over to pick it his siblings' cries increased and the fear which was in him suddenly subsided. He picked up the knife and ran over to his father stabbing him in the stomach.

The man turned over to him and shouted. " You!" but just as he was about to continue. Dirty blood poured out from his mouth and he coughed until he fell flat. The stab was really deep and so blood gushed out of the wound. The man lay on the ground, his eyes were pale and his breathing got even more difficult. He tried to breathe but then his eyes closed shut and everything turned dark.

Dan Mian stared at her husband, she was unsure of what to feel. Was it to be relieved or terrified? But when she saw the terrified look in her son's eyes she rushed over to hold him in her hands comforting him." It's going to be okay! You..you wouldn't get in trouble."

Dan Hua's siblings cried even more from the sight. But even though the bad man was gone. Dan Hua saw himself as a murderer. His hands had blood stained on them and no matter what he was the villain.

Since their father had no relatives or family, it was easy to bury the man and clean the blood. And any clue the police would use against them. No one even bothered to know what had happened to Dan Ran. After all, the man was already a problem to society and since he had no friends there was no one that came to search for him.

Although Dan Hua's mom moved on and Dan Hua's siblings too. Dan Hua couldn't hide the guilt his hands placed upon him and anytime he stared at his hands the memory of his father's death would flood his memory and give him no peace. But more was still coming for him and his family.