You Are The Heart

Alex's POV

"I belong with you, you belong with me.." 'Ho Hey' By The Lumineers blasted through the car speakers as I stared blankly out the car window.

"What are you thinking about?" Zayn asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Hm? Nothing important." I lightly smiled shrugging my shoulders.

"That was 'Ho Hey' by The Lumineers, now here's a new single for all you ladies out there." The man on the radio announced before playing that familiar tune, tears were threatening to spill but I fought then back so Zayn wouldn't notice.

"Hmmm too young, too dumb to realize

That I should have bought you flowers

and held your hand

Should have gave you all my hours when I had the chance

Take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man.." Memory's of that night and Harry's words flooded around in my mind, I began to sing along to the beautiful song.

"Although it hurts I'll be the first to say that I was wrong

Oh, I know I'm probably much too late to try and apologize for my mistakes but I just want you to know

I hope he buys you flowers, I hope he holds your hand

Give you all his hours when he has the chance

Take you to every party cause I remember how much you loved to dance

Do all the things I should have done when I was your man!

Do all the things I should have done when I was your man..." I finished singing and glanced over at Zayn who's mouth a 'O' form.

"What?" I asked shyly.

"That was...amazing." He blinked a few times focusing on the road again.

"I didn't know you liked that song so much." He smirked, I blushed not realizing how much of a fool I must have looked like singing it.

"Sorry.." I blushed.

He looked over at me, his eyebrows knitted together, "Why are you sorry?" He laughed "You sounded amazing, Alex...don't doubt yourself." He smiled at me.

I shifted in my seat and placed a gentle kiss to his cheek, "Thank you." I whispered.

***

"Bitch"

"Slut"

"Gold digger"

"Fatass"

"Ugly"

"Waste of space"

"Emo"

I scrolled my twitter notifications, tears threatening to spill but I fought them back as hard as I could.

Until one tweet broke me down, "@Harrysgurl14: u dnt deserve someone like Harry, do us a favor and die like ur baby." My breath caught in my throat and I threw my phone at the wall as the tears spilled uncontrollably from my eyes.

How can people be so fucking heartless? I hadn't done anything to any of those girls...why do they hate me so much then?

"Alex?" Emily knocked, "You alright? What was that noise?" She asked through the door.

"JUST DROPPED MY PHONE, IM FINE." I lied.

"Alex? You sound as if your crying? I'm coming in." She stated, but it was no use the door was locked.