Chapter 3

As soon as the door opened I was engulfed in a bear hug by my grandmother I actually stumbled back for a second but she caught me before it was too late.

Okay that was definitely not what I expected but I like this way better.
“Are my eyes deceiving me or what,” she asked as tears welled up in her eyes.
“No ma it’s really me Orabelle,” I said hugging her again.
“Oh Belle my baby come here,” she said ushering me inside the house.

The minute we reached the living room she hugged me again as if to see or check if I was really here and she was not imagining things.

“I really missed you my love,” she whispered softly in my ear while still holding me very closely to her in a very comforting embrace. After our heartfelt reunion she finally spoke,

“Honey, what is going on, firstly I have not heard from you in a while and now all of a sudden you show up at my door step with your clothes, I do not mean that in a bad way I am just curious as to what is going on,”

I finally told my mami (this is what my siblings and I call our granny by the way) everything that happened after my dad’s funeral and to say that she was angry was an understatement because she was beyond furious and also mami was not very fond of my mom. She never really approved of her even when dad and mom were still dating and she still doesn’t approve of her now.

“Wait so you mean to tell me that your sisters bullied you too!” she screamed, my goodness she was fuming and I was kind of scared a little, just a little bit.

“How could they do this to their own sister, their younger sister for crying out loud, huh, my son must be turning in his grave, seeing his daughters do this, that so called wife of his is poisoning my poor gran babies, she is turning them into monsters, monsters I tell you, flippin’ monsters,” she finishes all while pacing back and forth throwing her hands up in the air every now and then. 

“On the bright side she has not fooled Kyle,” I say trying to lighten up the mood.

“Yet,” she says as she sits back on the massaging her temples.

After some time she finally calmed down and we talked and laughed about everything till it was late.
It was night time and Mami called me to the prayer room to pray then I went to my room and before you guys get confused my siblings and I all have a room in our granny’s house but out of all them I was the only one that visited frequently with my dad.

Anyways I did my nightly routine and then went straight to bed, let me tell you the minute my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

When I woke up the next morning I did my morning routine including taking a shower then I decided to wear my grey sweatpants, a sports bra and an oversized shirt, put my hair in one neat ponytail puff because listen let me tell you that I don’t care if I’m staying in my hair always has to be neat or combed or whatever. So I went downstairs to join Mami for breakfast, I literally can’t wait to eat a proper breakfast without being yelled at or have it thrown to my face, I honestly never thought this day would come and I’m over the moon right now.

Little insight on my grandmother: She lives in a huge isolated mansion that no one knows about except for my dad, my siblings and I, believe it or not my mom does not know it. She isn’t the one to socialize and she didn’t like it when a lot of people visit her except for family but she has to be close to you and it is only 20 minutes from the city, she is super wealthy and has about 6 cars but doesn’t like to show off unlike my mom.
(Everyone thought she moved out of the country or just out of the city. Ha some people are just too easy to fool, sometimes I’m like guys chill she just lives 20 minutes from the city). As for marriage, Mami was married to a very kind and generous man called my grandfather (ha-ha I got you there), anyway she loved my grandfather but he died due to diabetes when my dad was still dating my mom. Mami never failed to tell us stories about him when we were little. My dad was an only child of both my grandparents, so is my mom. 

Anyways my back to my story I found my grandmother making breakfast and it smelled so good.

“Hey mami how are you doing today,” I asked in a cheerful voice because I was very happy and finally free.

“Hey baby I’m doing good thank you for asking, you’re in a good mood today,” she says smirking.

“Well that is because I’m finally free mami, FINALLY FREE!” I grinned as I screamed out the last two words whilst throwing my hands up into the air.

“Okay but honestly I’m worried about you honey, are you really doing okay and does Kyle know that you’re here?” she asked a bit worried. 

“No mami he doesn’t and I would like to keep it that way, also I’m very happy, at first I didn’t think I made a good decision about coming here but now I know that I made the best decision ever,” I said in stern voice trying so hard for it not to crack nor break at the end.

“Okay honey if you say so because at the end of the day I really want you to be happy that is all that matters to me, if you are happy then mami is happy but also think about Kyle too okay,” she said smiling to which I nodded.

“Uhhhh quick question, why did you just refer to yourself in third person?” I ask clearly amused by this.
“Oh just shut up and eat before your food gets cold,” she said as she playfully glared at me.