Chapter 35

Two weeks have passed and can I just say that they have been very stressful.

As much as Adelaide helps me with the girls, she only does so much, Mathew and I had a system and we actually depended on each other and now he’s gone, speaking of him, I have not talked to him since that day at the hospital and he tries to call me but I don’t answer, I also need some space. 

He does call Adelaide so he can “chat” with the girls and also Adelaide’s driver takes the girls on the weekend to see him.
I have not heard anything from Sam this week but that doesn’t mean I’m relaxed about this whole situation.

The twins are supposed to go to Mathew today and I just got a call from Mr Johnson (the driver) that he has a family emergency so he is not available today meaning I have to take the girls myself. 

Just great.

I got Sapphira and Stephania ready and then I was on my way. On the way there I couldn’t help but wonder what the vibe would be because the last encounter we had was not really something to reminisce about, oh by the way he is staying with his parents since he has not healed yet.

When I got to the house I rang the doorbell and his mom answered the door, to say that she was surprised would be an understatement.

“Uh, uhm Bel-, Orabelle I didn’t expect to see you here, usually the driver normally brings them the twins here, come in Mat-,” she rambled as if she forgot what had transpired in that hospital room.

“No, I’m good right here, they have been fed and changed. I will be coming to pick them up on Sunday afternoon,” I said trying by all means not to show any emotion.

“Oh, I thought you wou-,” I cut her off.

“Would what, would want to see the husband that you forced to separate from me, no thank you,” I replied.

“Belle you have to understand that we were trying to protect our son, I’m really sorry we hurt you,” she apologised but I was having none of it.

“You were trying to protect him?!, he has his own flippin family to protect, couldn’t you just sit me down and have a normal conversation where we discuss a way forward or some sort of plan but nooooo you had to just spring up the fact that we had to get a divorce and not a fake one at that are you freakin kidding me right now, now I know where I stand in all of this, I’m the one to blame right, because it’s MY mom that Sam is related to so by default what is happening is my fault,” I shouted startling the girls

“No honey, we said those nasty things in the heat of the moment, I was upset and emotions were high, please believe when I say we don’t blame you one bit,” she said and she kind of looked sincere but I’m bad at judging that.

“How’s he doing?” I asked after a minute of silence
“He’s getting there, he’s been asking to see you,” she said softly
“I also need time,” I replied blinking away the tears and the girls over to her and went back to my car.

I had nothing to do today because the dress fittings for Rea’s wedding is scheduled for next week. So I decided to call Jas because I missed her so much and with all that is happening Lord knows I need her goofy character around.

“Hey Jas, how are you doing sweetie?” I greeted
“I’m doing great, well besides being pregnant and tired all the time I’m doing awesome,” she said

“Well how about I tell you that I’m on my way to your house right now with some snacks so we could binge watch our favourite series,” I said smiling

“Stop, bro you better not be playing with me because that is not funny,” she said 

“I’m not kidding, I’m on my way right now but I first need to get the snacks then I will be there now now,” I replied to which she screamed in excitement.