Chapter 16

The few days after Matt was discharged from the hospital we told mami and Matt’s parents together about the stalker and they were not pleased that I kept such information to myself.

So anyways they told us that not to worry and that they will sort it out but we still need to be on the lookout. 
With everything that’s happened I convinced mami to let me invite my friends to come and just hangout.

Today was Saturday and I’m helping mami set up for this small get together since Kyle went MIA, she had to step in because I needed a lot of assistance. The first people to show up was Ethan, Elle and Rea so they helped me to finish setting up before the rest arrive.

After an hour everyone finally arrived but what caught my eye is the fact that Matthew arrived with Jas, I mean I personally didn’t care because it doesn’t concern me.
My conscience however was telling me that I did in fact care that they came together even though Matthew and I are only just friends.

This should be fun…

“You guys can literally do whatever because I know nothing about hosting guests,” I said my eyes never leaving Matt’s eyes. I’m starting to think that bothered me. Mami threw a pillow at me.

“Mami what was that for!” I shouted.

“Well my dear granddaughter that is not how we treat or talk to our guests,” she retorted back while the rest of my friends just laughed. 

“You guys can settle in, go change into your swimsuits, come down to eat and afterward you can go and hang out in the pool,” she instructed. 

After a while my brother came with some more snacks which is a good thing because mami and I thought he ran off from helping us set up.

My friends and I went to the pool and were later joined by Kyle.

“Everyone this is my brother Kyle and Kyle these are my friends,” I said 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you guys,” he said whilst looking at Jasmine but quickly averted his eyes and went to the other side of the pool.

I went to the kitchen to get some water when Matt entered.

“Hey, what can I help you with,” I ask avoiding eye contact 

“Look I came with Jas because her car had a problem yesterday and she asked me to pick her up since she lives down the road from where I stay,” he said in one breath.

I chuckled at his flustered state and assured him that it was fine and a minute later Kyle comes in bringing in the wave of uncomfortable silence.

“You look so flustered dude relax I’m not going to eat you,” Kyle said while he laughed at Matthew and I swear I saw him release a breath of relief.

I left the both of them there and went to join the others and found Ethan making fun of Jas.

“What are you guys up to now?” I asked. 

“Well someone has a crush on your brother,” Dylan said looking with an amused expression on his face and I just burst out laughing at Jas who was blushing quite hard.

After making fun of her Matt and Kyle came to join us and Kyle went straight to Jasmine’s side and put his arm around her shoulder.

We all look at him like he has grown two heads except for Jas who couldn’t hide her smile.

“What,” he asked 

“Never mind,” I said and we carried on like nothing happened, now it was time to go and Kyle offered to take Jas home, the rest went home except for Matthew, yeah he was standing at the door just like how they do in those romantic movies.