Chapter 21

We spent two months away for our honeymoon and it was amazing, the places we visited, the food and the culture of the different places itself was beautiful.

Matt and I really had a great time but unfortunately today is the day that we would be returning home to our normal lives.

Today I woke up feeling very nauseous and that’s because I may have eaten too much yesterday, or it’s the exhaustion because I was very tired.

When we were back home I went upstairs to have a shower because I really needed one. Matt kept asking if I was okay to which I always reply with a yes.

After my shower I wore my oversized t-shirt and went to sleep.

“Hey sweetie wake up are you okay?” Matt whispered in my ear so I turned around to face him.
“Yes Matthew I am, I have told you now and again, it’s just a stomach bug from the trip, I’m really okay now please I am very tired and I would like to go back to sleep, in peace, thank you,” I said going back to sleep.

I heard him sigh and go out of the room.

**********NEXT MORNING**********

We both went down for breakfast and found Adelaide who was almost done with it.

Adelaide has been a huge part of Matt’s life, she’s basically his second mother. She was his nanny since his diaper days and now she helps me around the house but she’s family.

As soon as Adelaide put the plate of food in front of me I could feel the bile of vomit rising up so I immediately ran to the bathroom and I just let it all out. Gosh I feel like crap.

“Babe are you okay?” he asked looking very concerned.
“Yes I am like I said it’s just a stomach bug okay?” I said dismissing him because I really wasn’t in the mood to mind what I was saying in the moment.

“Well stomach bug or not I’m taking you to the hospital okay,” he said as we made our way back to the kitchen

“No Matthew you know how much I hate hospitals so no, I’m sure it’s going to go away in a day or two,” I answered putting head on my arms.

I honestly felt like crying because I really hate being sick.

“Orabelle we are going to the hospital, you’re sick,” he said leaving no room for arguments

“Geez bruv calm down, it’s not like I’m dying, let’s go no need to get your panties in a twist,” I said going to get my bag.
“Kay are you ready?” he said from the door
“Yes, let’s go,” I replied

When we reached the door Adelaide called me.

“Ma what’s wrong?” I asked

“I just wanted to say congratulations baby,” she said smiling from ear to ear.

I just said okay and made my way to the car.

“What was that about?” Matt asked

“I don’t know she just congratulated me whilst smile, don’t ask why,” I told him
The ride was a quiet one, it wasn’t uncomfortable but rather calming, thankfully.

We finally arrived at the hospital and straight to the doctor’s office.

“Well Mr and Mrs Porter we’ve run some tests, everything is fine, oh yeah and before I leave congratulations you’re three weeks pregnant,” she answered then advised what I should and shouldn’t do and eat and also scheduled our next appointment and with that she left.

I didn’t know how to feel because this wasn’t planned and I don’t think I’m ready to be a mother yet.

Tears literally fell from my eyes and I think Matt thought they were tears of joy because he hugged me and kissed my forehead, he was so excited to a point where his face lit up.