Chapter 15

As soon as the doctor came in he was bombarded with questions from all of us.
“Well as much as I would love to tell you kids what’s going on I can’t because his parents have to be here,” the doctor said.

“I called them sir they should be here any minute from now,” Ethan replied and just then his parents came in (wow talk about timing, how did E do tha-, this is not the time) looking very distraught, I mean I would be too if my child was in the hospital.

“We’re here, we’re here what’s wrong with my son, what’s going on, what happened?” Matt’s mom kept asking.

“Well Ma'am we were able to get rid of the glass shards out of his body and stitched him out but he will need a lot of rest,” he said and Matt’s parents went to see him, we also wanted to see him but to avoid crowding his room we have to take turns going in.

Minutes later they came out and Matthew’s parents were now talking to the two nurses that were there whilst the doctor came to us.

“Now who is Belle from you four girls?” he asked approaching
“That would be me sir,” I said 
“Then follow me,” he replied with a smile on his face and as soon as I entered Matt’s room his eyes met with mine.

“Hey…uhm h-how a-are you d-doing,” he said wincing a little bit struggling to get the words out.
“Well I should be asking you that question considering the fact that you are the hospital bed,” I replied.
“I’m sorry Belle,” he said after some time.

“About what actually, huh, are you sorry about the way you treated me or how you insulted me not only verbally but emotionally too huh so what exactly are you apologizing for Matthew!” right now I was trying so hard to control my voice from cracking because I’m a super sensitive person and I can just cry right.

“You told me that you will wait for me whenever we had those private conversations on the side but you broke your promise and I kept it nevertheless not that I would date right now or anything, I was so freaking worried about you…argh, gosh you are so annoying and sometimes I even wonder if your parents dropped you and you hit your head or something… you are frustrating sometimes!” I was shaking with anger until I heard a knock on the door, I turned to look at the door only to find Dylan and Ethan waiting so I excused myself but not before hearing him say I’ll wait for you and with that I exited the room and headed towards the girls who bombarded me with questions concerning Matthew’s state.

At that moment I was too emotional to answer any of them so I just gave them a brief summary on how he’s doing and left because I couldn’t handle it anymore, I headed towards the parking lot where I met with my brother who had arrived this morning.

The stalker…

I saw him again but this time he was staring at me, he had icy blue eyes but before I could notice any other feature he quickly turned around and left.

I shuddered and when Kyle asked what was wrong I told him about my outburst on Matthew as an excuse. He let it slide and we went home.

When I got home I went to mami’s room where she was currently at and I told her everything that had happened excluding the creepy stalker. After I finished talking she embraced me in a hug and to tell you the truth I Really needed that.

A few hours later we ate dinner as a family and mami was over the moon when Kyle told her that he was staying with us because she really missed her grandson. So after dinner I did my night routine, caught up with my brother on what has been happening in his and my life.

(Side note before Kyle left he had already applied to transfer schools and even though he is a year older than me he got held back a grade so he and I are in the same grade).

The next morning I woke up, did my morning routine and went down for breakfast.

“Good morning everyone,” I greeted taking my seat.
“Hey little sissy”, “Hey munchkin” mami and Kyle greeted at the same time. After breakfast I went to the hospital again because it was Sunday and school was tomorrow, the doctors though said he is free to go to school on Wednesday so hopefully he’ll be feeling much better by then. 

As soon as I entered the hospital the smell of medicine reached my nostrils and I could literally feel my breakfast making its way up, like I genuinely cringed at the smell.

After asking the nurse for directions to Matt’s room I finally got to my destination. Upon entering the room I saw him tapping away on his phone without noticing me until I cleared my throat and that’s when he looked up.

“Hey Belle,” he whispered.
“You’re stupid you know that right,” I said as tears welled up in my eyes.
“I know, now come here,” he said and as soon as I neared him he pulled me into a bear hug.
“I missed you,” he whispered again.
“I know, me too,” I replied and we stayed like that until the nurse came with the discharge papers.

Since his parents were out of town I was the one who would be signing his discharge papers and yes his parents did give me permission to do so even the doctor and the nurses know that because his actually left for a very urgent business trip. When the nurse left I assisted him in packing up his clothes after we were done we went to his house.

The minute we got there I prepared lunch for him since it was in the afternoon, so now we were in his room.
“Matt can I tell you something,” I say feeling very nervous to a point where I could hear my heart beating all the way down to my toes.
“Yeah what’s up?”
“Uhm I think the accident was planned,” as soon as I said that he stopped chewing then looked at me as if giving me permission to go on and further explain myself.

I told him about the stalker and he flipped especially when I told him that mami doesn’t know any of this. He said that he would talk to his parents about this because it was a very serious matter as our safety was at stake. We talked some more then I went home.