Chapter 31

It has been about two months and to say they were just stressful and nerve-wrecking would be the biggest understatement of the year because this past two months felt like I was suffocating.

The girls are five months old today and right now Matt and I were coming back with them from their monthly check up at the doctors’ office.

“Are you ready?” he asked. This was the hundredth time he asked me that because today we were meeting with the P.I today and he could see that the nerves were starting to get the best of me.

“Yeah, I just want to get this over and done with,” I sighed looking out the window.
“It’s going to be okay,” he whispered like he was trying to convince himself.

This whole thing has been rough on the both of us especially because no one know about it. We arrive at the diner that we usually meet at, I didn’t feel comfortable bringing the girls with but we didn’t have a choice because Adelaide was unavailable, my friends went on a weekend getaway, yeah Matt and I declined but of this whole thing but we obviously made an excuse, and my sisters will probably be with my mom and we all know I don’t want them near her anyways we had no choice.

We go in with the girls and sit at our usual spot.

“Hey guys how are things going, oh and are these the famous princesses I keep hearing about,” he says cooing at the girls

“Hey Brad everything is going great besides this whole thing and yes meet Stephania and Sapphira King Porter,” Mathew says introducing the girls to Brad and my babies love people so they were just entertained by Brad’s childish tactics

“Okay then are you guys ready for what I am about to show you?” Brad said looking concerned and just like in movies he took out an envelope.

It was pictures of my mom and Sam, most of the pictures were of the two sitting at a restaurant and they looked like they were discussing some things, well obviously but one thing caught my eye…

“Why does your mother look uncomfortable in these pictures?” Mathew asked and it’s like he read my mind.

“Yeah I noticed that too,” I whispered to myself.
“So that brings me to my next topic, I also found out that this Sam guy is blackmailing your mom, I couldn’t find out what exactly but its something that happened in the past and he has been using that information against her since we don’t have any solid information against them there’s really nothing we can do,” he said.

All this was too much for me to handle, I mean seeing my mom with him just made my stomach churn and I felt sick because it seemed like they have been meeting even before my dad passed away.

“Another thing I found out, Sam is not your mom’s boyfriend, I did some more digging and found that they are somehow related to each other but I don’t know how just yet,” he said.

“Oh you have got to be kidding me, are you being for real right now,” I said defeated. My stalker was related to my mom meaning that he was also related to me, now I just wanted to throw up.

“Man that’s a lot to take in,” Mathew sighed  “Right,” I said agreeing with him.

Brad had gathered as much information as he could but now our only option was to go to the police and confront my mom because as much as this guy could be my family I was mistreated, stalked and Matt was involved in a hit and run because of him, now that I think about it Jas was also in that car.

We talked some more, ordered food, I fed the girls and we finally left and went home.

“I just put the girls done, I’m so tired I could just crash on this couch right now,” I said sitting next to him.