Chapter 10

Two weeks have passed and I have been managing to avoid Matthew after what he said when the group came to my house but right now that is the least of my problems because today I was going for a rib removal surgery, Rea and Elle even came over and spent the night with me, Ethan and Dylan have been sending me cards or buying gifts even though we see each other every day but Matthew has been calling and checking up on me when I’m home.

When we were ready to go we entered the car and drove off to the hospital. Now comes the hard part. I was so nervous my heart was thumping so hard I was afraid that it will burst through my chest.

GENERAL POV
Belle’s granny and friends were all waiting anxiously for her surgery to over but what had them even more worried was the fact that the surgery usually took 2 hours but this one took longer than expected.

Mami was in the corner of the room reading her bible, Ethan was with Elle as well as was Dylan for Rea but Matthew was either pacing back and forth or sitting down with his head in his hands crying.

He had never cried this much before in his life especially for someone who he just met, he couldn't help but feel this connection with Orabelle.

When Matthew saw that mami was crying and not reading her bible anymore, he went to be by her side in a flash.

“God please protect my granddaughter, she is everything that I have right now because I’m not allowed to see my other grandchildren, Belle is the only one I have right now Lord please keep her safe, she is my world, revive my baby heavenly father I’m begging you,” she managed to say with a hoarse voice through her sobs as she cried her eyes out.

“Don’t worry mami God heard your prayers for Belle, she will wake up soon,” he said softly as she embraced him as well as the rest of the group.

After waiting for another hour the doctor came back. He had a neutral expression on his face.

“I have good news and bad news,” he said to them increasing everyone’s nerves. They all wanted the good news first.
“Well the good is that she is awake but the bad news is that she is very weak and will gain her strength as the day passes,” he informed

“Really doctor, that’s the bad news, so vital,” Rea said rolling her eyes.

They all felt relieved as this was not the bad news that they had expected to hear from the doctor.

When they entered Belle’s room they found her sleeping. The doctor advised each of them to talk to her which they happily did but now it was time for them to go home.

All of them left except for mami and Matt, he was waiting for her to wake up.
Mami tried to convince him to go home but he refused, he was adamant about not leaving until Belle wakes up.

When she finally woke up she saw mami but her eyes soon landed on another person who was in the room but quickly averted them back to her mami.

They talked for hours while Matthew stayed quiet but mami could sense the tension so she excused herself.

“Hey uhm uh how are you doing?” he asked her suddenly feeling nervous.
“I’m good thank you for asking and look about what happened with our last encounter I’m sorry for being like that,” she apologized softly.

“No you don’t have to apologize I should have given you some space,” he said
“No Matthew you were just trying to help that’s all but you know what, let’s put this behind us okay, truce?” Belle said holding her hand out and he gladly took it.

BELLE’S POV
Knowing my mami I knew that she was listening to our conversation because as soon as we finished talking she entered the room, I know her so well but anyways when she entered the room we just talked for a while then mami finally convinced Matthew to go home and he did but he was so embarrassed when mami told me how he refused to leave until I woke up and I definitely made fun of him.

It was definitely entertaining to watch him turn red in the face and neck. At least something was keeping me busy in this boring hospital. 

I stayed for three more days at the hospital and my friends were really supportive, I am just glad that this is all over. Now my life can go back to normal, gosh I missed home. I can’t wait to go to school, for once in my life I’m actually excited about going to school.

The drive back home from the hospital was peaceful and quiet up until I saw a familiar car following us and only then did I tense up and mami noticed.

“Honey are you okay, you seem a little tense, are you in pain?” she asked concern lacing in her voice.

“Yes mami I’m fine it’s just that the pain is getting a bit uncomfortable for me,” I lied, I hate lying to her but I am doing this for her, I can’t stress her about some lonely stalker.

“Are you sure because we can always go back to the hospital to get you re checked?” she said looking very worried.

“No mami don’t stress yourself maybe it’s because of the position that I’m in, I’ll be okay once we get home,” I said glancing at the rear-view mirror to see if the guy was still following us and thank God he was not because my stomach was starting to twist and turn and do the churn making me feel nauseous and stuff. Argh, *cue the eye roll*.