REACTION (Dhar Mann Inspired Story) - PART 4

ANN MARIE'S POV

That night I had a nightmare about Marc's story I read earlier. I dreamt Marc was Cat Noir and he saved me from an Akuma.

"Thank you for saving me Cat Noir!" I smiled as I blushed.

"You're welcome little lady" he smiled. "Now I'll make sure you get safely home!"

"No, y-y-you don't have to do that!" I replied, panicked.

"Nonsense, it's part of the service of us super heroes!" he winked as I directed him to the car.

"Well, I live just here" I grinned as I pointed to the house the car was outside of. "Thanks again for saving me, bye!" I said hurrying to the door of the house, expecting him to be satisfied and leave. But he was waiting for me to go inside.

I pretended to feel my pockets. "Oh, darn, forgot my keys and nobody's home. Well, I guess you'll be wanting to hurry off to detransform! I can just wait for my Dad to get home!"

"I didn't use my power so I have time! I'll wait with you!" Cat Noir Marc smiled a smile that made me go weak at the knees.

"Great!" I grinned a fake grin and gave a thumbs up with both hands as we sat down on the step.

Then my Dad got out of the car. "Ann-Marie sweetie? Is that you?"

"Oh, Dad! You're home! Well thanks again you can go now!" I say as I go up to my Dad.

"What do you mean home sweetie, we don't have a home, remember?" Dad replied.

"What do you mean you don't have a home?" Cat Noir Marc asked as I turned sadly to face him.

I sighed. "My Dad and I... got evicted from our rental property. He lost his job and we couldn't afford the rent anymore and now we live in our car. I'm not the person you think I am. You...you'd be better off staying away from me."

Before I could hear Cat Noir Marc's response, I woke up to my Dad shaking my arm.

'Sweetie, wake up. You have to get ready for school' he smiled.

I smiled, relieved it was just a dream and Marc didn't really find out my secret.

'Morning Dad, okay' I smiled as we had saved one cookie each from the container last night for breakfast to eat.

'I will go to the school office today before noon and put that 10 Euros on your tab for you to eat a proper lunch' Dad smiled.

'Okay, thanks Dad. Love you' I smile as I kiss his cheek and get out of the car.

'Bye sweetie. Have a good day!' he smiled.

'You too Dad' I smile as I head off to school.

As I walk, I imagine what if Marc actually was Cat Noir. I would be just in awe of him. But even a girl can dream, right?