3

"Ms Westland," Principal Gouldie caught Robyn's attention as she signed into work.

"Ma'am"

"Little warm for a jumper?" The principal nodded.

"I was a little cold this morning. So thought it'd make a nice change from the usual."

"Hmmm" her boss turned her nose up and walked away.

Even teachers thought that the head was imposing a dress code on them. The men had to wear ties and the women were mostly expected to wear dress trousers or knee length skirts and a blouse. The governors of the school had determined that if teachers dressed like professionals they were much more likely to act that way. Robyn shook her head and walked towards the staff room.

Riley pulled into the student car lot and dismounted her bike. She put the helmet over the handlebars while she sorted her hair. She lifted the helmet and strolled into the school like she owned the place. Being with Robyn the night before had made her feel invincible. She was already starting to feel like the woman was special. She urged her heart not to get ahead of itself, and get hurt again and as she swapped the leather jacket and crash helmet for textbooks and notepads in her locker she reminded herself that a woman like Robyn is likely to run a mile when she finds out she is still in high school.

She looked at her timetable and headed off in the direction of math. Who has math first? She hated school and already couldn't wait until after lunch PE, then English. She'd heard some of her classmates refer to the teacher as the Wicked Witch of the Westland. She must be a evil old bitch she shook her head and decided then that she'd just avoid going. She hated English even more than math and she wanted to be in a good frame of mind for the soccer trials.

Robyn Westland looked at her freshman class. They were never going to understand the intricacies of the set text. But Romeo and Juliet is what had been decided. "Come on, settle down."

She heard her phone buzz, it was on silent but the vibrations were coming from her bag under the table, she smiled wondering if Riley had sent her a message, she'd have to wait to check. "Melissa, will you hand out the books please."

"Right phones away. The next person I see on thier cell will be made to read their last message to the class."

Riley quickly pocketed her cell; there was no way anyone other than Robyn should see the contents of the message she'd just sent. She looked up to see a blonde girl enter the class.

"Jenny thanks for joining us." Mr Osmos said sarcastically.

The blonde responded with curtsy and the class laughed. She looked up and headed in the direction of a dreamy short haired woman hiding at the back. "You're new." She stated the obvious and stood over the desk, running her cool blue eyes over Riley.

"Yeah, it started yesterday."

"Well, is this seat taken?" The blonde didn't wait for a response as she set her bag down at the table and took a seat. "I'm Jenny and you're hot."

Riley rolled her eyes. This girl totally reminded her of Kandi and while she was most certainly her usual type, she wasn't even remotely tempted.

By morning break Riley was still trying to find her way round the campus. She hadn't really listened to Dorothea yesterday only taking in where the gym was. So she was trying to navigate her way there from her American history class. She passed the refectory area where it appeared every student in the school had assembled. She kept walking.

Robyn Westland stood in the queue for a morning snack. She was never this disorganized but she'd missed breakfast. She knew some of the teachers would skip the queue but she didn't think it was fair. She pulled her cell from her bag and carefully turned to read the message so no one else would see.