28

"Have you gone soft?" Demi said she entered Robyn's apartment the following night. Cheryl was already sitting at the table pouring a glass of wine.

"Hello, nice to see you too."

"Well I haven't seen your ass all day and I just wanted to ask." The gym coach swiped her dark ponytail to the side and strolled by her friend to take a seat at the table. "I mean you never give re-sits and then Riley Marshall suddenly is getting another chance at the exam."

Cheryl looked up over her glass of red and tried not to smirk. Obviously her friend was still into the student.

"I mean do you fancy her or something?"

"Don't be ridiculous. How many times do we have to go through the fact that yes I think she's attractive but she is a student and I am her teacher. Also for your information she was meant to have arranged a scribe for her first mock, and didn't that is why she is getting a re-sit. Now can we stop the work chat for the rest of the evening."

"I guess." Demi screwed her eyes up; she wasn't buying the story. "Anyway where have you been?"

"I spent lunch in my classroom writing report cards. Gouldie had another dig at me this morning. You're looking flustered or are you tired? She said I said I'd been writing reports and she replied, that's good and that I should have them at the office by the end of the school day."

"I did mine last night."

"Right guys I thought you weren't gonna talk shop. So you remember Peter?"

Demi chewed on her cheek, she couldn't remember her own exes nevermind anyone else's.

"The politician?" Robyn tried to recall he was something seedy either that or a lawyer.

"Yeah. Well he's in town and asked to meet up at the weekend."

"Thought you were seeing the poly guy?"

"Yeah well that's kinda the point of being open."

Robyn wasn't sure it was, but nodded anyway, "hey wasn't he married?"

"The poly guy?" Demi asked, "surely that wouldn't make a difference."

"No mr politics."

"Who?"

"Peter." They both said to Demi at the same time.

"Get with the convo." Cheryl shook her head. "What's up with you anyway?"

"Nothing."

Her friends looked at her.

"Seriously. I'm good. When will dinner be ready? I'm starving." Demi contributed.

"About twenty minutes. Anyway you were talking about Peter." Robyn focussed the conversation back on Cheryl.

"Well yeah he is married but? Like the sex was amazing and he has a massive di..."

"Yuck" it was the teachers who were in unison this time.

"Anyway I'm going to get him at his hotel room Friday night. So if it goes tits up, can one of you be my get out of jail card?"

"Robyn will do it. I'm hoping to have a date."

"How do you know I won't have a date?"

"Because unless you're out with us, you're wrapped up in a blanket, cuddling a cat and watching friends. Do you have a date?" Demi asked.

"No." Robyn went red.

"You do." The coach smiled. "What's her name?"

The blondes inner monologue went crazy, scolding her, "Ra, Rachel."