20

Robyn joined Demi at the corner of the dance floor.

"I can't believe you roped me into this. I had a date."

"You have a date every other day." The blonde shouted back over the music to the PE teacher.

"But she could have been Mrs Right."

"You're not looking for Mrs Right, just Mrs Right now."

"Fuck you!" Demi joked back just as the music cut.

Principal Gouldie gave them both a look as she took the microphone and the lights went up on the canteen.

"Good evening students and homecomers to Henry Blackwood High. I'm sure you'll all agree that Dorothea Anderson and her team have done us proud."

There were a few claps and jeers.

Demi and Robyn glanced at each other, an 80s night for teenagers this party was dying on its ass. Some of the music they were sure not even the pupils parents would be old enough to know.

"So thoughtful to theme the party around the age of the school, remember we're 40 this year, folks."

"So you think she's been teaching here since it opened?" Demi whispered to the blonde, "in fact maybe she is Henry Blackwood at home."

Robyn laughed, louder than she had hoped. The head teacher gave her a glare.

"See you, still managing to get me into trouble," the blonde muttered under her breath, she looked up as the doors of the canteen opened.

Riley walked in, she was wearing royal blue slacks and a matching vest, with a white tee. She looked amazing, Robyn couldn't take her eyes off her. She studied the shape of the garments on the brunette's body. You could tell she was athletic, fit. Riley moved her hand up through her hair as she looked about herself. The teacher watched the movement as if it was in a slow motion video, she exhaled.

"You still going to tell me you don't find her attractive." Demi whispered into her friends ear.

"What?" The teacher answered momentarily transfixed as she watched the biker mover over towards the group from the LGBT club in the corner.  "Sorry. No."

"Whatever, you just underdressed her in your mind."

"Demi, she's a student."

"And you wish she wasn't?"

Robyn looked at the gym teacher, as she noticed, Theresa Anderson stride into the hall in a gold dress and take the brunette's arm.

"Stop it. I don't think of her that way, even if she is good looking. Anyway, it looks like she's got a girlfriend."

"Mmm Teri, she's in for a good night."

"You haven't?"

"Last year, she wasn't a student here then." Demi smiled. "You just need to wait until your biker is all graduated." She smiled and walked away.

Robyn stood a moment longer watching Riley smile as she greeted her date. She wished that smile was for her. She considered if she had actually wanted anyone more than she'd ever wanted the brunette. She thought about how amazing it would be to be lying curled up in the tattooed arms of the biker, dreaming into her eyes while they talked, just watching her smile and talk. The way her dimples would deepen and her eyes would twinkle.

But that wasn't meant for her, that type of love was reserved for movies and romance books. She internally gave knowing humph to the fact she'd end up as a spinster teacher with a thousand cats.

The room dimmed again, the brightness replaced by some disco lights and music started again with some REO Speedwagon.

"I'm just going to say hello and cheerio to my sister. Then we can get out of here. Teri smiled at the brunette.

Riley nodded.

"She seems nice." Amy said as she cuddled into her partner.

"Just a bit of fun I think."

"You don't look too convinced." Her friend replied.

"I'm not. Anyway tell her I'll get her in the corridor." Riley left the canteen. She couldn't help herself, her parents loved this song and she started singing along as she got her phone out of her pocket to message her Dad. "And I meant every word I said, when I said that I loved you I meant that I loved you forever and..."

"I'm gonna keep on loving you, cause it's the only thing I wanna do, I don't want to sleep, I just wanna keep on loving you."

Riley looked up as she walked right into the other singer, she was startled a moment, "I'm sorry Ma'am."

"Marshall."

They stood eye to eye. Saying nothing. Riley noticed the teacher's eyes wander over her face. The brunette couldn't help herself as she found herself looking at Robyn, her eyes, the deep red red on her lips which matched the dress that was elegantly cut over the shoulder exposing just enough skin to be suggestive as it curved over the shape of her breasts. She was sure she noticed the blonde blush a little. She shouldn't have been looking. There was now a heat to the blonde's amber stare that made Riley buzz.

"You look beautiful." The biker smiled,  "you can give me a lecture for that comment on Monday. But it's true, you're stunning." Riley walked away.

Robyn stood in a daze, the music carried on and some of the students who were tipsy from the spiked punch were now dancing around her. She let every rational thought run through her head, but none of them made sense, the only thing that seemed to matter was Riley. She stepped out into the corridor, and looked both directions looking for the biker. She must have gone out the front door. She headed to the entrance. As she opened the door. She noticed Teri pull the brunette into a kiss. It was like a punch to the gut. She looked away and went back into the school. What were you thinking? She chastised herself as she followed the sound of Kylie back towards the canteen.

Riley pulled away from the kiss. She shook her head. "I'm not in the market for this, that was amazing but yours are not the lips I want to be kissing."