30

By the time Riley got out of the pool after swim practice, the contents of her phone were posted all over social media linked to the school.

"Have you seen this?" Cat, one of the few nice girls on the swim team, tapped her on the shoulder.

She noticed some of the others giggling, it was fair to say that her presence on the team had caused a lot of jealousy and bitterness form some of the other senior girls who now had to compete for a spot they always assumed would be there's.

She looked away from the crowd in the corner to Cat who was holding out her phone, "You're all over it, I'm guessing someone has hacked in to your cell or laptop or something."

"I lost my phone at lunch. Do you mind?"

"No." Cat handed over her cell.

Riley sat down on the bench seating, on her towel and started to scroll through, wondering how much damage had been inflicted on her relationship with the teacher. She knew there was lots on the device that they could tease her for but, she was primarily concerned that she'd out the relationship and get Robyn the sack.

She read the first post, it was a picture of her mom and her from when she turned 10, she was blowing the candles on a cake. The post read I wonder if she wished her mom, dead lol.

Riley felt the rage build in her, the tears started wel. The next post was one she'd taken of herself for an old dating app. She was posing in just a tight vest showing off her tattoos and muscles. Someone thinks they're all that!  Riley was embarrassed.

Then she noticed screenshots. So whose Rob? The commenter said. Riley, read through the messages. She cringed at what had made her feel great only a few days ago, the only identifier that she could find was about Victor. She wondered if coach Fleet would see the posts,  she was the only person she thought might be able to identify Robyn but maybe that would apply to a number of teachers, she felt sick.

She chewed on the inside of her cheek as she handed the phone back to Cat, "thanks."

"I'm sorry." The other swimmer smiled. "People can be so cruel.

"Tell me about it. My partner is going to kill me."

Cat gave the brunette a sentimental smile, then went back to her locker to get dressed.

Riley looked at the floor, in thought, feeling angry, embarrassed, worried that this would be enough for the teacher to end things. She didn't want that, she didn't want stupid people destroying her life.

She sighed and stood up. She heard the girl's speculating about Rob, and making sick sounds as they read out some of the more flirty messages. She thanked some unknown being that there were no pictures, she didn't want the world seeing Robyn's body, her dignity had been infringed enough. She felt stupid for leaving her phone.

————

"Hi" Demi said.

Robyn worried as Demi never showed up unannounced. She also worried that she had no way of letting Riley know not to come round.

"Hey."

"You letting me in or what?"

"Yeah, sorry" the blonde smiled as she widened the door.

Demi threw herself down on the sofa, Victor gave her a look and moved to the opposite end. "So, you want to keep lying to me?"

"What?"

Demi took out her phone. "Look."

Robyn seen the screen shots. She tried not to redden knowing that her friend was watching her every move.