7

Robyn nodded. And motioned her head to indicate for Riley to take a seat at the dining table. The sofa would mean the biker would be too close and she wasn't sure she could resist that.

Riley looked at the flowers as she took a seat and recalled the message, now embarrassed that she said about falling in love. There was no way a woman like Robyn would ever feel that way about someone like her, someone who couldn't spell, read particularly well or who was intelligent. She shook the thought away.

"When were you going to tell me? Hey, I'm a school kid." The teacher let the anger shine through in sarcasm. As she sat opposite keeping the table between them.

"I didn't know how to tell you, I thought maybe if you understood that I had moved about a bit with my Dad you'd understand why I was still in school. But I knew it would probably probably be put off and I didn't want to stop seeing you. I was going to tell you tonight."

"Yeah. Were you?"

"I was actually. I thought I'd better check how you felt about that before I completely fell for you. But it's too late for both of those things."

The blonde looked past the biker and stared at the window. "We can't be anything. You know that. I could lose my job. Be put on barred lists and never be able to teach again."

"Won't it matter that we met outside school and that I'm nearly 21 and that I pursued this?"

"No it won't. Also you can't tell anyone about it."

"You embarrassed?"

"A bit. But it's more that gossip will ruin me."

"Yeah, it makes sense." The brunette stared at the table.

"I'm not saying that to hurt you Ry. I just don't want people to know I slept with you."

The biker swallowed the hurt. "No it's okay. I'd be embarrassed to be with me too. Especially if I was something. I mean I'm nothing but an army brat, with no plan. It was stupid of me to think that someone like you could ever really want something real with someone like me." Riley stood up.

"Ry I really liked you, like really liked you. It's not that I couldn't, it's that I can't."

"So we just pretend that the last five days hasn't happened?"

"Yeah I think that's for the best."

"Best for you, I think I'll hold onto the memories a lot longer. I'm sorry I didn't mean that how it sounded. Just that I guess I hoped for something so much more with you, even after a few days. You're amazing, but I don't deserve amazing."

"That's stupid. You're so freaking handsome it's unreal and you're actually soft and kind. You deserve the best. And let's face it we're at a totally different place in life. This would have fizzled out. All my relationships do. I'm not that amazing Ry..."

"To me you are. Were." Riley noticed Robyn's eyes change to that soft amber color she'd grown to adore over the last few days. They were both looking at each other with what the biker had decided was want. She could feel her body twinge at the thought despite the heavy sadness in her soul. "Can I get a... No, that's a stupid idea."

"What?" Robyn glanced momentarily at Riley's lips. Her face she thought about how much she'd been craving the brunette all day.

"I was going to ask for a goodbye kiss. But eh,"

The blonde looked up, no she thought to herself one of us has to be sensible here and she knew she wouldn't be able to stop at a kiss. Time to be a bitch. "Yeah that's not going to happen. You have to see me Ms Westland. I won't arrange to see you outside of school again, you will delete my number and you'll never come back to my home. Marshall, is that understood?"

"Loud and clear Ma'am." Riley gave a sarcastic salute as she headed for the door.

"Do you want the money for the flowers?"

"What so now I'm poor as well as stupid? Don't insult me." Riley shook and raised her voice as she shouted.  She didn't date to look back unsure if she'd fear seeing the teacher crying or not more. As the door closed behind her she wiped away her own tears. She'd become so used to hearing that things were over. She exhaled and decided that if Robyn could be so cold so quickly then she should just do the same.

Behind the door, Robyn Westland used all her willpower not to go after the biker, she hadn't felt what she had for the brunette in such a long time. But she knew she couldn't. She headed to her bedroom, which still smelled of Riley and sex. She wept as she stripped the bedding before curling up on the undressed duvet in the fetal position and crying herself to sleep.