19

"No Demi, you should have seen her. I want her on the swim team. Talk her into the trials. I mean after that yesterday she doesn't even have to try out. That was the first sub 30 I've seen in years. And she said she's done quicker."

Demi Fleet laughed, "So you want my star player now. Soccer first Bri, she's mine."

The PE teachers stood at the side of the soccer field. Demi gave her friend a wave. It was good to see her back at work.

The homecoming team appeared on the pitch first, followed by the starting 11 for the school. This was their first competitive game. Demi hoped they were as good as they thought they were.

It was a messy first twenty minutes. No goals and some dubious tackles. Jenny had already picked up a yellow card and the coach was wondering if she should keep her on the field for the remaining 10 minutes or sub her before half time. She was talking to Sanderson when it happened, Riley was forcefully taken off the ball, there were groans from the crowd and the ref blew the whistle.

After the tackle, the brunette couldn't control the fall as the momentum pushed her into the offending player and them both to the ground.

"Now this is almost worth the yellow card." The girl with the tied back braids and wide smile said to the player who was essentially laying on top of her.

Riley smiled. This girl was cute. She stood up and offered her hand to the girl. "Is that right, I think you owe me a beer for that tackle."

"Really! Well if you insist I'll get you at the end of the game.

The referee gave the fouler a warning, no card but Riley did score the first goal from a pretty spectacular free kick.

"You see Bri, soccer first." Demi smiled.

In the stands Robyn Westland felt more than a little pissed off with Theresa Anderson. She'd taught her last year. Now had she not only fouled the biker, it looked a lot like she was flirting.

The teacher knew she shouldn't be jealous. After all she had told Riley to go date somebody that wanted her, but she knew even before then that she wanted the biker.

——

Riley waited outside the changing room for the stranger with the deep brown eyes. Eventually they appeared.

"So you were serious about the drink then?"

"Yeah, why not."

"Well, are you 18 at least?"

Riley smiled, "I'm 21 actually."

"Well 21 actually what's your name?"

"Riley. You?"

"Teri, well it's Theresa really but I hate it so."

"Well Teri do you fancy a beer? Of course you are buying."

"Well I don't think that's fair if I hadn't have tripped you, you would have been in the position to score."

"Who knows, maybe after a few drinks we'll both be in a scoring position." The Biker delivered her smile. Her body was calling out for attention and Teri might just be the answer to that. After all Roby Westland had made it perfectly clear she didn't want her.

"Don't push your luck babe, you're cute but eh I haven't decided on you yet."

Riley laughed.

——

Robyn Westland was getting ready to leave the school. She was meeting Demi and Cheryl out for some dinner in town.

"Ms Westland" it was the almost shrill vocals of Principal Gouldie.