14

The biker deduced pretty quickly that the blonde was in no fit state to get on the back of a bike so she took her hand and walked her to an all night cafe.

Riley nodded to the staff and ordered two coffees, one with cream and sugar. The other black. She knew the teacher didn't take sweetened coffee but she also knew that the addition would be good for raising the blood sugar after a shock.

They walked to the restroom. "Robyn. You're okay now, you're safe." The teacher still hadn't said anything. She'd been silent the entire five minute trip from the bar to the cafe. Riley ran the hot water and soaked a paper towel. She gently dabbed the black tear streams away from the teacher's eyes. Wiping her cheeks softly.

"Ry." Robyn looked into her eyes. "I'm going to be sick."

The brunette quickly moved her into a cubicle and held her hair back while the teacher vomited. She rubbed her back and tried her best to comfort her. While Robyn sobbed and gagged. Supporting the teacher back to her feet. "Come on, wash your face honey." She whispered softly.

"Thank you." Robyn held the students blue eyes, "thanks for, I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been there."

"Come on, I got you a coffee. It'll make you feel a bit better." She put her hand on the blonde's shoulder and encouraged her back through to the seating area.

Robyn sat down and the brunette paid for the drinks on the counter. "Rob do you want anything to eat?"

The blonde heard her stomach grumble about a need for food. "I could murder a cheeseburger."

"Two cheeseburgers and a portion of fries please." The biker paid for the order and sat across from the blonde.

"I thought you left hours ago, why were you still there."

Robyn nervously chewed on her bottom lip, "I was waiting outside to have a go at you for getting me kicked out."

"Well you shouldn't be in bars, you're underage."

"No I'm not."

"When was your birthday?"

The biker checked her heavy set silver watch, "yesterday."

"Oh, sorry were you meant to be people for drinks or something."

"No. I was just going to go and buy my first legal beer, drink half of it and head out on the bike for a bit."

"You weren't celebrating your 21st?"

"No." Riley held the teacher's eyes.

"Oh well, I'm sure your Dad will have got you something nice."

"No, my Dad was away serving when I was born, Kosovo or somewhere like that. I was almost one before he laid eyes on me. That's what I was told by my mom anyhow, so he's never remembered my birthday. Doesn't even get the year right." Riley smiled.

"Well happy belated birthday."

"Thanks."

"Was it hard?"

"What? Growing up that way? In the camp."

"Yes and no, like I didn't and don't really know anything different. So in that respect I have nothing to compare it to. It's quite lonely. Especially at my age, some of the younger soldiers are my age, but my Dads their boss, the kids my age have all moved onto college or jobs and live on their own. And when I grew up I learned pretty quickly not to make friends because we'd move about so much. Sometimes we were only in a place a year, not even. What about you, what was it like growing up?"