33

It was Valentine's Day, well evening and Robyn Westland was applying the finishing touches to her outfit. She looked at herself in the mirror, she felt good that was the main thing. She looked at herself in the mirror as she combed through her long blonde locks with her fingers. She smiled, Riley's only instruction was to dress for dinner she had no idea where the biker would be taking her. She brushed a loose eyelash off her cheek and checked her make-up. She lifted the valentine card off the counter and headed through to the living area.

Victor was watching everything. She smiled as she played with his ears and told him how handsome he was. She was certain if the cat could speak he'd tell her she looked good too. She'd put on a pair of dress slacks in a stone color, and set it against a mostly red blouse. She knew that Riley liked her in red, she'd been wearing a red dress the night they met. She also knew with her warm complexion she was one of those women who could carry off red. She felt good as she wondered what Riley would be wearing.

The door knocked. Excitedly she got up and swung it open to find Demi standing. Shit she thought Riley is going to be here any moment.

"You got a date?" The coach asked, confused.

"It does happen, you know." Robyn raised her eyebrow. "In fact she's due anytime and  no offense but I'd rather you weren't here."

"Charming. I'll not be long, I just need advice. About Mel"

"What, you actually want dating advice from the Virgin Mary?" Robyn's tone was sharp.

"Quit it, I'm serious." Demi shook her head. "I am kind of thinking about asking her to be exclusive. Do you think that is a good idea?"

"You have been seeing each other for three weeks?"

"Yeah but she does strange things to me. I'm completely whipped." Demi looked defeated.

"You seem disappointed about that."

"Well, I don't think she's on the same page."

The door went, oh no. Robyn cringed. She had no idea how she was going to get out of this one.

Demi looked at her. "You really don't want me to see who you're dating, eh?"

"No." Robyn gulped. "Just I'll explain."

She opened the door to a huge bouquet of red roses. The holder lowered them and smiled their famous lopsided grin.

"Sam!" Demi shouted.

Robyn recoiled, her ex and her best friend were now at her apartment. While her very secret girlfriend was due anytime.

"Can I come in?" Sam flashed her eyes.

Robyn nodded. This was an absolute disaster.

"No wonder you didn't want to tell me." The PE instructor whispered.

"Yeah" this is as good a cover as any as long as Riley didn't want to join the party right now. Robyn was sweating. "Anyway Mel, if you want to ask, ask. You'll know where you stand, then. But if she says no don't blow your top, it's obvious you like her."

Demi smiled. She nodded at Sam and headed out. "See you lovebirds later."

Robyn cringed at the word.
——-

Demi was much too preoccupied to put anything together as she noticed Riley heading into the apartment block she'd just left. "Mitchell, I thought it was a friend you had that stayed here." The coach laughed. "You're date dressed."

"Coach Fleet. As are you- who's the lucky lady?" Riley quipped in return hoping that her soccer coach was as well in the ball as ever.

"None of your business. See you at training tomorrow." Demi walked on with only Melanie in her mind. Maybe tonight, if their relationship was exclusive she'd get to take her home. She started whistling while she walked.