54

☆ 55. Chapter 54

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 54

"Boss, that's right there." The bamboo-pole orc hid behind a tree, pointed in the direction of the river and said, "It's just a short walk ahead after crossing the river." The

tall orc raised his head slightly and moved his nose a few times. , "...It smells like a mark." He frowned, "...I can't tell what kind of animal shape it is. The distance is not close enough, let's go to the other side of the river."

The two of them ran towards the river quickly through the cover of trees. The toes stepped on the fallen leaves, making only a very small sound.

There are no wooden bridges or stones across the river. The river is not deep, and it is impossible to dive under the water and touch it quietly. Orcs who are born with strong jumping abilities and have awakened such abilities can try to jump over directly, or orcs who can fly can also fly over.

The tall orcs and the bamboo pole orcs did not fall into the above two categories, but they did not look panicked at all. When he was about to approach the river, the tall orc whispered three words to the bamboo orc: "Use your ability." The next second, the bamboo orc grabbed the tall orc's shoulder with one hand, and a white to transparent light shone from his The palms of their hands came out, and in less than a blink of an eye, the two of them were instantly covered in light and lost their bodies.

After the two of them became invisible, they walked into the river without stopping.

They walked along the fast-flowing water, suppressing their impatience step by step and moving forward slowly. After a few minutes, the two of them landed safely ashore.

The tall orc and the bamboo pole orc quickly locked a hidden place and hid their bodies, and then the latter released his ability.

The bamboo-pole orc roughly wiped the sweat on his forehead with his sleeve, breathing heavily.

The tall orc glanced at him, and even though he was dissatisfied, he still said something encouraging: "That's right, you can hold on for a few minutes just after awakening your ability."

The bamboo orc grinned at him.

After the tall orc comforted his little brother, his nose twitched and he went to smell the smell in the air.

At this distance, the scent is easy to capture. The tall orc smelled it for a while, then suddenly turned his head and retched several times.

"Boss, what's wrong with you?" The bamboo pole orc's expression changed, and he asked urgently: "Are you poisoned? Did they mix something poisonous into the marker?" He hurriedly took out the antidote, and said bitterly Cursed: "How damn cunning!"

The tall orc vomited a few times, took the liquid and poured it down, then wiped the corners of his mouth and said: "You must be right. The smell of feces they use to mark their territory. It's very complicated. Not only can't distinguish the opponent's beast form, but it's also very pungent." He sighed, "It's a bit bad. This is the first time I've seen an orc who can tamper with markers. That spiritual chef of some restaurant. , indeed cunning."

The bamboo pole orc asked: "Then what should we do?"

"You also drink a bottle of antidote liquid." The tall orc endured the pain and said, "If you drink the liquid, you won't be afraid of being poisoned. We all walked to Now that we are here, it is impossible to go back in despair."

"Boss is right!" After saying that, fearing that the tall orc would regret it, the bamboo-pole orc quickly drank the liquid.

"Let's go!"