𓈈▮ The other side of her▮

Me and the girls headed to New York to shoot some stuff for our music video and interviews, we all to leave for a while, mostly me, but it gave me a break from the boys I wish I could say the same for my mom, though.

Off the plane we were in the car, we were going down on the things we had to do when we were here. "We got a photoshoot with praxes, a show at Madison square and an interview to do that with BET."

"Look at us, all book and busy." Charity sarcastically said as she wasn't happy that it was keeping away from her mother. "Have a little spunk in that attitude, you guys have breaks in between so I'm sure a phone call or two with your mother wouldn't hurt."

"Whatever." She said as she rested her head on vanity's shoulder. "You girls have made it so far, you have a song on the billboards, you posed for vanity fair, and you have so much coming your way." She reminded us making me sigh.

"We ain't even got a check yet." I mentioned before staring at her through my glasses, "and I'll get to that after we get back to uptown, trust me." She glared at me mentioning my demeanor. I went back quiet as I figured she would take care of it, but even so I knew it was full if shit.

"Any more questions before we start this trip?" She asked looking all of us, there were plenty of questions on our mind but we knew they would be dismissed. Why bother trying to negotiate.our voice didn't matter even when we made it with this group.

"I need you girls focus, meaning you have a curfew-"

Vanity interrupted her with a scoff, but my mother quickly ignored her and her attitude, "I'm sending chance with you every where you go." She referred to another body guard she hired without our knowledge.

"New York is crazy, and I don't want people to think they can walk up to you guys and distract you, fans or not, you turn down autographs if you are busy, you don't invite any friends or fans around or in the rooms, only you three can be together but only about work, you can do your little shopping but-

"We aren't paid so we can't do much. We get it." Vanity said as she was really annoyed, she rather not argued with my mom but rather somehow get to shut up and bringing up the fact that Andre hall or anyone at uptown didn't pay us yet was the words so used greatly. My mother turned around in her seat, pulling out her phone. The cold shoulder was showing as she got on the phone.

She didn't care. She just wanted us to work and not make us look bad.

"I'm thinking we really should have went for the option to fire her." Vanity said as she was in my hotel room watching me unpack, the girl had did so herself when she first came but I did a little good hopping around before I back in here, there wasn't I founded though.

"I'm disagreeing anymore." I whispered knowing she heard me as I was busy in the moment, I could hear the girl smacking on the pepperoni pizza had went and got. "Then how did you convince me and charity to not do that shit."

"I reminded y'all how this group was first started. If we fire mom how the hell do we know that a strange manager from somewhere won't screw us over. Plus mom was right we came so far and i can't hold that against her, she is the reason why we posed for vanity fair and got our music actually on the radio."

"No. Devante got our music on the radio, he was the only one to get us those hits, your mother didn't do that unless she worked for our market team which she doesn't.  See everyone has pull their weight your mother just makes demands and expects us to take it." Vanity voiced her frustration. "Charity gives two fucks cause she more worried about her own mother. But me. This is what I want to do, this my life she's taking time from, not some 5 year pipe dream our moms all fantasized about." She went on, her words were harsh but they were the truth, vanity was in a stressful place to be in more stress, rent was due at the apartment her and charity were staying and they close to be evicted.