Can We Run?

Y/n's POV:

As I was cleaning up Pony's cuts I asked, "Pony, why didn't you call me? You know I would've loved to go to the movies with you."

"Yeah, I know Cookie. I would've called you too, but I didn't know if you were up or not yet."

"Well, next time you can wake me up. I'll deal with Soda," I said chuckling at Soda not wanting the guys to wake me up.

"Okay, thanks Cookie," Pony said.

"How about after dinner we go to the lot and watch the sun set?" I asked, softly smiling at the boy.

"Yeah, that sounds nice," Pony said while getting up from where he was sitting.

"Hey Pony, Cookie fix ya up real nice?" Soda asked as we walked in.

"She always does," he said grinning in response.

"Dinner's ready!" Darry called from the kitchen.

We walked in, and I grabbed plates and set them down at each of the boys spot.

"Hey Darry," Pony asked. "Can I go with Cookie to the lot after dinner?"

Darry's face went grim, and I think he was thinking about what happened earlier. "Sure, because Cookie is going with you. But I want you back by ten."

Pony's face lit up and and a grin spread across his face. "Thanks Dar!"

Me and Pony ate dinner real quick and bolted out the door.

"Wait! Can't I come?!" Soda screamed from the porch.

"NO!" We yelled back while laughing.

We ran all the way to the lot so when we got there we were a little outta breath.

"Hey Johnnycakes, parents giving ya a hard time at home?" I asked as I regained my breath.

"Hey Cookie and Pony, yeah figured I'd spend the night here."

"Sorry man, that really sucks," Pony said.

"It's okay, I can handle it."

After we watched the sun set, we spent most of the time smoking, talking and laughing. It was real fun.

"Shit," Pony suddenly jumps up. "What time is it?!"

"Uhhh, I don't know Pony," Johnny says.

"What do I do?!"

"Start running and pray on a miracle boy," I say, laughing my ass off.

"Right," he says and start running. All the sudden he stops. "Wait Cookie! Are you coming?!"

"No! Tell Soda goodnight for me though!" I yelled back at him.

I sat back down and grabbed another cigarette from the pack.

"Congratulations by the way Cookie," Johnny says.

"What? Oh, thanks Johnny. I can't believe I'm getting married at 18," I say, heaving out a sigh that drags out a lot of smoke.

"Yeah, well Soda's gonna get married at 17."

"Damn. Yeah I guess you're right. Do you think we should wait a bit? At least to get married and have our wedding."

"No. Absolutely not. You guys are perfect for each other. You've known each other for 17 years. Shit, you two probably found a way to love each other for longer. So, no. I don't think you're making a mistake."

"Aww, thanks Johnnycakes," I say wrapping my arm around his shoulder and giving him a hug.

"Wanna stay at our house tonight? So you ain't stuck out here?" I asked. Though, there was probably a slim chance he would. We all knew he doesn't want to bother us but he really wouldn't.

"Actually, sure. That'd be nice," Johnny said softly smiling.

"C'mon, Steve is probably wondering where I am," I said standing up. I reached out my hand to grab his when we heard screaming from a distance.

"JOHNNY! COOKIE! LET'S GO! NOW! C'MON WE'RE RUNNING AWAY!" Pony had shouted.

As he got closer, I had realized that tears were streaming down his face and he had what looked like a hand mark across his cheek. By the time I had realized what had happened though, we we're already at the park, and Pony had sat on the curb bawling.

"Pony?" I asked crouching down next to him. "As long as anyone ain't dead, we can fix it."

Pony leaned his head into my shoulder and started to cry more. After a while though, he slowly eased up.

I cupped his face and his hands and made him look at me. "Pony what's wrong?" I said, a bit more sternly then I had meant it, but he needed to tell us.

"D-Darry h-hit m-me," he said sniffling. So I guess I did see a hand mark across his cheek.

"Oh, Pony, he didn't mean it. I know he didn't. I think, after you've calmed down, I'll take you and Johnny, we'll go to your house and talk things over with Darry. I'm sure he's real worried about ya," I said hugging him. There is no way Darry meant to hurt Pony.

"Okay," he sniffled.

Just as I got up, a car pulled up in front of us.

"Hey, this the grease we found earlier," sneered one of them.

I recognized them. They were the socs from earlier. I snapped my blade out, and pushed Pony behind me.

"What the hell do you want," I warned, taking a small step back.

"Ain't it obvious pretty lady? We want the boy. We'll let you and the small one go unharmed though." They all started walking towards us and it wouldn't be an easy fight. Man, really wish Dal was here about now.

They eventually backed us up against the fountain.

"You're outta your territory. Back off," Johnny snapped. His face was as white as a ghost's and I knew he was scared to death.

"You know what a grease is?" Their leader, Bob I think, asked them. "White trash with long hair." As a girl, I was a little offended about the long hair part. I took pride in it. But the white trash, yeah they ain't gonna happy he said that.

"You know what a soc is? White trash with mustangs and madras," Pony spat. Dammit Pony. Now we do gotta fight 'em.

In an instant, one of them grabbed Pony and dunked him in the fountain.

"Oh hell no," I said as tackled one of them and beat him up.

Johnny was fighting two of them and I knew he couldn't keep it up for much longer. I ran over and started to punch one in the face when I felt a hot, sticky liquid run down my face. I ignored the pain and continued to fight the guy. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Pony go limp.

"PONY!" I screamed and turned my back on the soc which might not have been the best idea, because I felt more blood run down my arm.

I grabbed the guy holding Pony by his hair, and yanked him to the ground. He punched me on the side of my face and my vision went a little blurry. I fell over and watched six of them run back to their car. Then, black.