What Happened?

"STEVE! SODA!" I shouted. They wouldn't let me go. I could feel their grip getting tighter. "SOMEONE! PLEASE! HELP ME!" One of them put their hand over my mouth, and the other punched me in my gut. I could feel the pain searing through my body as I try to cry. 

"Y/N! STEVE SHE'S OVER HERE!" 

I could hear someone shouting. Was this all in my head? What's happening? I see Soda run up to me as my head hit the ground. Then, everything went black.

8 years later...

It was like any other Thursday morning in the Curtis household. Steve and Soda, my two best friends in the entire world, were getting ready to go to work at the DX. Pony, Two-Bit, and Johnny were sitting on the floor eating cake and watching Mickey. Darry was in his room getting ready for work.

"Guess who's outta the cooler!" I heard as I walked over to the fridge to grab a slice of cake for myself.

"Hey Dal!" I exclaimed as I turned my head to see him. He's been in the cooler for about three months now. 

"Hey Cookie, how have you been?" Cookie was what everyone called me, even though my real name is Y/n. I barely got time to answer though, since everyone else was welcoming home.

"Hey Dal, how'd you get out early?" Johnny asked.

"Good behavior," Dal said with a chuckle. We all knew that it was most likely because the guards were sick and tired of him.

"Oh shit. Soda, we gotta go. Cookie, stay out of trouble ok?" Steve said, pointing his finger at me.

"Yeah, because I'm going to cause trouble with the boring life I have," I rolled my eyes at him. "One, I'll be at school. Two, I have my first shift at Dairy Queen tonight, remember?" I love Steve, but he could be irritably forgetful at times. 

"What he meant was don't get into trouble at school. We know yo have it out for some of those soc girls," Soda said smirking at me.

I stared right back at him and stuck my tongue out. I hated socs. We all do. They're the worst.

"C'mon Steve, let's go," Soda said, smiling at me. "Bye Cookie, we love you."

"Yeah, yeah. I love you guys too."

Steve, Soda, and Darry all walked out the door, heading for work. I went to the kitchen to grab a slice of cake before I left for school. I walked into the living room and sat down with everyone else.

"Do you guys wanna go to the drive-in tonight?" Dal asked. 

"I'll go," Pony and Johnny said.

"I can't, I have work," I said with a small frown on my face. I hated missing out on hanging out with the gang, but I really needed the job.

"That's alright Cookie. Next time, okay?" Dal said, giving me a somewhat sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, next time," I muttered to myself.

Ten minutes later, me, Two, Pony, and Johnny all started to walk to school. We got there, and Two went inside, while me, Pony, and Johnny hanged outside in the courtyard for a bit.