What Are You Telling Me?

Y/n's POV:

I ran. I ran until I got to the police station and was in tears. I had just left everything I love to protect the people that I love. It hurt, but it's worth it.

"I KILLED A MAN. I'M SORRY. I'M SO FUCKING SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO. OH GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME," I screamed running into the station.

All eyes turned to me and instantly two officers grabbed my arms and held them behind my back and cuffed them.

"Okay, what's going on now?" Someone - I'm assuming the chief - asked.

I was in tears now and getting the words out was hard. "I-I killed s-someone. I-I d-didn't m-mean to. I-It was o-out o-of s-self-defense I-I s-swear."

"Okay, Lopez, take her to a cell until she claims down I'll get Evans to question her and we'll take it from there."

"Yes sir," Lopez said and took me to a cell.

It was a small room, no bigger than the Curtis kitchen. It had two beds, a sink, and a toilet. The officer put me in there, took my handcuffs off, and closed the gate and locked it.

"When you've calmed down, Evans will be in to take you in for questioning," he said looking at me up and down.

I still had tears streaming down my face, but I was slowly pulling myself together.

Johnny's POV:

I woke up on the Curtis couch and everyone was there. Welp, I guess this makes my job a little easier.

"Hey everyone," I kinda whispered so I don't think anyone heard me. "Hey guys," I tried again. 

This time, Dal heard me and screamed, "HEY LISTEN UP YOU LITTLE FUCKS, JOHNNYCAKES HAS SOMETHING TO SAY."

With that, everyone turned towards me and Darry came out of the kitchen. I glanced at Pony, and he already knew what I was going to say.

"Um, thanks Dal. It's about Cookie," I said the last part kind of quiet but everyone went silent. Steve was the first to speak.

"Johnny, what happened to Cookie?" There was a sternness in his voice that scared me.

"Uh-Uh she-she..." By now, tears were falling down my cheeks and I didn't know if I could get the story out. But I knew I had to try. For Cookie.

"Me, Pony, and Cookie went to the park. When we got there, socs pulled up and grabbed Pony and started drowning him. Me and Cookie fought them off, but she killed one, and went to turn herself in and told us not to follow her. She said she'd call when she got the chance."

The room was dead silent. Nobody dared move a muscle. Everyone was too stunned to speak.

"You mean to tell me, that my twin sister, is sitting in jail right now?" Steve was choking back tears and everyone could tell.

"Steve, it's gonna be okay. Cookie knows what she's doing. It was only in self-defense so when they put her in trial she ain't gonna get a long time," Darry said, trying to comfort us. It didn't work too well though.

"Shit, maybe I outta go down there and talk to them," Dal said.

"No Dal, don't. It ain't gonna do shit. The station already don't like you and it won't help Cookie's case," Darry said.

"Well what the fuck are we gonna do then?!" Steve screamed.

"We just need to wait until she calls. It's gonna be okay guys. Cookie wouldn't want us trying to break her outta jail. She'll be okay. She knows how to handle herself," Darry said.