Perfect?

Y/n's POV:

I woke up on the Curtis couch with a pounding headache. Instantly as I got up, my head started to throb and I fell back down. My body ached from head to toe. My ribs, my hands, my head.

"Hey, good morning Cookie," Soda whispered, slowly walking up to me.

"What happened?" I groaned.

"Well, during your party on Saturday, we got engaged, you mouthed off to Alex and beat the shit outta Sandy, and then you got pretty drunk and passed out on the couch there."

"I remember we got engaged, then Sandy and Alex showed up and we had a big fight. Everything after that is a blur."

"That's okay. Here, let me try to make you breakfast and help with your hangover. You know it's Monday right?"

"My party was yesterday though. So today's Sunday," I said confused. Come to think of it though, no one's around and Sunday is the day everyone is here.

"No baby, you slept through Sunday," Soda said from the kitchen giggling a little to himself.

"Oh is that funny to you?" I sneered, trying to get up from the couch.

"Yeah it really is," he said peeking his head through the door frame. He walked over and said to me, "Here, lemme help you with that."

"No. I can do this myself," I say to him, struggling to find the strength to do it. "Okay maybe you can help me," I finally gave up.

Soda carefully grabbed my arm and helped me get up, and over to the kitchen table. As we slowly walked over, I thought about the time I had bawled my eyes out thinking he liked someone else and I was a total mess. Oh Soda, I really can't live without you.

"Cookie? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Soda asked in a worried tone, pulling me into a hug.

I melted in his arms and continued to sob. "I-I'm sor-ry S-Soda, I-I never m-meant to h-hurt y-you," I choked out.

"Cookie? What are you talking about? You never hurt me," he said, slowly sitting on the ground and pulling me into his lap. I felt like a baby crying and being held like this but it felt nice.

"W-When I p-pushed y-you away."

"Do you mean when you thought I was in love with another girl?"

"Y-yeah," I sniffled.

"Oh Cookie, it's okay. Truly. Honestly, I was scared you'd ever date me, much less marry me, because you're so amazing and I'm just a high school dropout who'll work at a gas station the rest of his life. I was just scared for you," Soda said, running his thumb across my arm, sending goosebumps down my spine.

"Don't ever leave. I feel so perfect when I'm around you," I said quietly, nuzzling my head into his chest.

"I won't ever leave. I pinky promise. You make me feel like I'm worth something, and I'm not getting rid of that," he said, holding his pinky out. I locked it with mine and kissed him on the lips. "We're the perfect us when we're together."

"Yes we are darling, yes we are."

Not much happened after breakfast. Me and Soda ate breakfast- that was a little burnt since he can't really cook all that well. We got changed and freshened up a little, then we kinda just bummed around the house watching TV all day.

All the sudden, we heard screaming. It almost sounded like Pony and we got real worried.

"You don't think that's-" I started, but Soda was already up getting his shoes on.

"I ain't risking it," he said grabbing a blade.

"I'm right behind ya," I say standing up. I wobbled a little, but grabbed my shoes and blade as we ran out the door.

When we got there, we found four socs pounding Pony into the ground.

"PONY!" I screamed.

By then, the rest of the gang was there and they sprang into action.

Darry ran over to Pony while Two and Dal were beating up the soc that had the blade, Steve was grabbing at the one with a green sweater, and me and Johnny teamed up against the one in a blue madras shirt. Soda easily beat up the smallest one, and ran over to Pony. After a few minutes, I guess they were tired of fighting us because they all ran to their car and drove off as we threw rocks at it. When we were done, we all ran over to Pony to make sure he was okay.

"Did ya get 'em?" He asked looking up at us.

"Nah, they ran into their car as we threw rocks at 'em," Two grinned at the boy.

"You okay kid?" Dal asked. Dal always said he never liked Pony, but we all knew he did, even though it was Johnny Dal loved most.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he sighed getting up.

We all walked home looking at Pony's cuts and bruises, talking about what we did that day.

"So Cookie, you woke up on the Curtis couch thinking it was Sunday? And none of us were around except Soda?" Two said. You could see tears forming in his eyes from holding back laughter.

I grinned at him though. "No Two, I thought it was Tuesday," I said sarcastically. "What did y'all do yesterday anyways?"

"Not much, we all hung out at the DX because someone wouldn't let us in the living room where you were sleeping," Dal said, giving Soda a playful glare.

"I'm sorry I didn't want her waking up wanting to kill one of us because we woke her up," Soda rolled his eyes at Dal.

When we got back to the house though, Darry started yelling at Pony about not thinking. Two and Steve kinda ran away after that, even though it was Steve who brought it up. Dal and Johnny left too, saying they were gonna catch a movie at the drive-in.

"Leave him alone, would ya Darry? If he were carrying a blade they would've just turned it on him and he could've actually gotten hurt," Soda said, butting into their fight. He never likes it when they fight.

We walked inside the house and Darry started to get dinner ready as Soda went back to watching TV and I took care of Pony's cuts and bruises.