Are You Leaving?

Y/n's POV:

I woke up to banging on the cell door.

"Wake up Randle. You got a visitor," a guard said.

I climbed out of bed as he opened the cell door. He cuffed me, and closed the door and locked it.

We walked into a big room, that was spilt down the middle by glass. There, I saw Dal standing behind the glass.

"Dal!" I screamed running over.

"Damn Cookie, you look like shit," he said chuckling.

"Shut your trap. Once I get outta here I plan on taking the longest shower of my life," I said rolling my eyes. "Why isn't everyone else here?" I asked wondering, Why didn't Soda come visit?

"'Cause Darry told us not to. The gang doesn't even know I'm here. I wanted to tell you that he and Steve miss you real bad," he said. Guess he could tell I was missing Soda real bad.

"I miss y'all too. Dal, you know how long I'm going to be in here for?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know Cookie, it was outta self-defense so maybe a few months?" Dal said, but it sounded like he wasn't sure. Guess he was never up against this in New York.

"Okay Dal. How's everyone else doing?"

"Barely holding on. Without Soda or Steve, we never laugh anymore. Everything's gone quiet since you left Cookie. Even Two ain't cracking jokes," he said solemnly.

I silently cried at his words. They're breaking, because I'm trying to protect them. 

"Tell Soda I want to see him. That I need to see him. And Steve too. I don't care what Darry says I need to see them. To tell them I'm going to be okay. Dal please," I begged him.

"I'll try Cookie. But it might make them want to break you out," he said, a lingering hope in his eyes, hoping I'd say that'd be okay.

"Just try to get them here Dal, I just need to see them," I said, avoiding his previous remark.

"Okay Cookie, anything for you. I love you girl," he said, tears welling in his eyes.

"I love you too Dal. Tell Soda and Steve I love them most," I said, wiping away tears.

"Bye Cookie," Dal said turning away.

"Bye Dal," I whispered to myself.

Soda's POV:

I woke up - if you can even call it that since I haven't been getting much sleep - to Dal rapping on my window.

"Dal? What are you doing here?" I asked, sleepily.

"Taking you to see Cookie. Get changed and meet me at the lot in 5. Don't tell anyone. If they ask say you're going for a walk," he says, climbing back down the roof.

I quickly changed into jeans and a flannel, and quickly walking towards the door.

"Hey little buddy, where ya going?" Darry asked, sipping on his coffee as he looked down from the newspaper he was reading.

"Going for a walk," I said casually, remembering what Dal had said about not telling anyone.

"Okay, be back soon," he said returning to his paper.

"Okay Dar!" I yelled running out the door and sprinting to the lot. I needed to see her.

Y/n's POV:

After Dal left, the guard took me back to my cell. There, I found Mary packing her stuff.

"Mary?" I asked. My voice was still raw after the screaming I just did.

"Hey Cookie, Curly paid my bail. I'm heading outta here," she said with a solemn smile.

"Oh," was all I could manage. "That's nice."

"I'll come visit you though Cookie. And don't forget about my invite to the wedding," she said pulling me into a hug. 

I hugged her real tight and quick and let go as the guard said, "Okay. Come on Robinson, let's go."

"Good luck," she said, squeezing my hand as she left. 

I sat on the bed and cried a little. I closed my eyes to try and get some sleep when another guard came in, startling me up.

"Randle, you have another visitor. Get up," he said in a real husky voice.

Dal? Again? I thought as I walked through the halls.

"COOKIE!" I heard such a familiar voice scream.

"SODA!" I screamed, though it was more like a screech since my voice was still a little raw.

I ran to the glass and looked at Dal. "Dal, thank you so much," I said with tears streaming down my face.

He looked at me and smiled slightly, "You're welcome."

"Cookie, I miss you so much. Please come home soon," Soda said, tears streaming down his beautiful blue eyes.

"Oh Soda, I'd love to come home but you know I can't just leave."

"We aren't the same without you Cookie. No one is smiling of laughing. I'm crying myself to sleep. What the fuck Cookie, Two ain't even watching Mickey no more. We are so lost without you Cookie. It feels like we went back to when you were in your coma. Steve's a mess. We all are," he said the last part quietly.

"Soda, I'm going to promise you this," I said staring at his sad, blue eyes. "I'm going to do everything in my power to get out of here as soon as I can. But I ain't breaking out. Okay? I love you. I love you so fucking much. Please remember that. I turned myself in so you weren't engaged to someone on the run. Because honestly, that seems worse. Doesn't it?"

"Yeah," he said with a sniffle.

"Randle, one minute,"  guard said walking in.

"Okay Soda. Promise me you won't break. Okay? You're going to hold it together, and keep moving forward with your life. We'll pick up right where we left off when I get back okay? Soda I love you so much!" I said as a guard came and grabbed me to drag me away.

Soda's POV:

"I love you too Cookie! I promise!" I screamed after her.

"Come on man, lets go," Dal said, handing me a cigarette.

I lite it as we walked outside.

"I think you should sing her that song you were singing last night," Dal said taking a drag of his smoke.

"Maybe, I'd probably have to finish it first though," I said considering it. Maybe it would take my mind off Cookie...