Why Are You Here?

Y/n's POV:

After a minute, Soda slowly puts me down and gently wiped the tears from my face.

"I fucking love you," he whispered to me, holding my face in his hands.

"I fucking love you too," I laughed, more tears rolling down my face. I grabbed his collar and pulled him into me, our lips smashing against each other.

We slowly let go, and he grabs my hand as we make our way back to the party.

"SODA DID YOU DO IT?! DID SHE SAY YES?! WILL THERE BE A WEDDING?!" Steve and Pony came screaming up to us. For two dudes who claim they hate each other they sure do act alike.

"I said yes," I said, smiling at the pair.

"YES!" Everyone cheered.

"Soda?" We heard a quiet voice from behind us say.

"Y/n?" Another voice said.

We turn our heads and there they were. The devil themselves.

"Sandy? Alex? What are you doing here?" Soda asked sternly, slowly stepping in front of me.

"Yeah you bitch ass whores. Fuck off. No one wants you here," Two said as he shoved a piece of cake in his mouth.

"Soda, I'm sorry," Sandy said walking closer.

"No you fucking aren't Sandy. Now back off. I have a fiance now and she's better in her little pinky than you are in you're whole body."

"Soda I never meant to hurt you. Please. I can change," Sandy said, shooting me a dirty look.

"I don't care. I love Y/n. She has always been there for me. Especially when you weren't. So take Alex and leave. Now."

"Y/n, please. Take a look at me and tell me what you see. I need somebody to love me for me and you did that. I know if you tried hard enough you could do it again," Alex said, longing in his eyes.

"AHAHAHAHAHA. Fuck no. I'm going to marry Soda. Wanna know why? Because Soda loves me. Soda doesn't get other girls pregnant and say that they mean nothing. SODA DOESN'T FUCKING HIT ME!" I screamed, taking a step closer, and for the second time in my life, I slapped Alex right across the face. "You don't get to own my fucking life anymore because it's my life. My life to live and not yours. I am in control and I have the fucking power so leave dammit. Leave right now because I don't want to see you ever again. Get out of my life!"

Alex backed away, a small trace of fear in his eyes. He finally got the memo and said to Sandy, "C'mon Sandy, let's go."

Before I could understand what happened, Sandy lunged for me and tackled me to the ground.

"Bitch...Stealing my man...I'm going to fucking kill you!" She screamed.

I hit her in the ribs and used her momentum against her, knocking her over back onto the ground. This time, I grabbed her hair and started to drag her across the lot.

"Yeah Cookie!"

"Beat her ass!"

"Pound her into the ground!"

I punched her in the face and didn't stop until her face was covered in blood and her nose was probably broken. I then remembered the switch Steve gave me. What a perfect time to try it out, I thought to myself. I pulled it out of my pocket and heard the sweet click of it opening.

"You wanna fucking kill me bitch? I'd like to see you try," I said, holding the knife against her throat.

"COOKIE! COOKIE PLEASE! I KNOW WHAT SHE DID WAS WRONG, BUT PLEASE! YOU'RE LETTING YOUR ANGER GET THE BEST OF YOU!" I heard Soda screaming as he ran up to me. By then, Dal had already grabbed me from behind and held my hands behind my back, as Two grabbed the switch from me.

I looked down at Sandy, whose ribs and nose were probably broken, and had blood covering her face. I realized what I had done. I hated her sure, but I hated a lot of people. That doesn't mean I went around killing them. So what makes her any different?

I fell to my knees with tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry," I whispered as Soda held me in his arms. By now, I was full on sobbing.

"It's okay, you were just protecting yourself and got carried away. I still love you," Soda said, gently stroking my hair.

I sat there crying and one by one, all the boys had come up to hug and hold me until we were all one big pile of people.

"Hey it's nice and all that you didn't kill Sandy, but-"

"Hey save it you piece of shit and be glad Cookie didn't turn you into Sandy. Now take your crusty musty dusty girl and get the fuck outta here before I decide to pull a Cookie," Dal said glaring daggers at Alex.

"Thanks Dal. What I would've said would've been ten times harsher," Steve chuckled.

"Yeah, thanks Dal," I say, a light chuckle escaping my mouth.

"No problem Cookie," he grinned at me.

Alex picks up Sandy and takes her away as we sit there for a bit longer.

"Okay this party was fun, then happy, then lit because Cookie beat the shit outta Sandy and mouthed off to Alex. Now it's all depressing. Can we go back to happy and celebrate the fact that Cookie is gonna marry Soda?" Two asked pulling away from the hug and breaking the silence.

Everyone busted out laughing at Two's comment.

"Yeah Two, let's celebrate," I say as I walk over and take a beer from the cooler.

"Cookie I thought you didn't drink?" Darry asked. I think he remembered the night me and Soda got drunk when we found out Sandy and Alex cheated on us. Ironic how we drink when they're involved in our day.

"Well Darry, we're celebrating. One drink ain't gonna hurt."

Soda's POV:

Cookie had kept drinking bottles of beer and it got to a point where Two had to take them from her so he could drink. It's saying something when Two takes a drink from you thinking you've had too much.

She got pretty wasted and by the time we decided to start cleaning up, she was passed out on the old sofa in the lot.

Everyone else had gone home in Steve's truck, and Darry said I could take Cookie home on my own time.

I slowly walked over to her sleeping on the sofa. "Shhh, c'mon Cookie, we gotta go," I say as I slowly shake her awake.

"What? Huh? Okay," she said slowly getting up. "You know what Soda? I'm glad Alex got Sandy pregnant. Your dumbass would've married her. And my dumbass would've married Alex. And we both would've had shitty lives. But now, we get to actually live lives we wanted to live with the person we actually love. I'm so fucking in love with you," she slurred her words together, but I knew she meant them. And deep down, I knew she was right.

"I'm so fucking in love with you too Cookie Curtis," I say, kissing her forehead.

She giggled at my using her last name for hers. I picked her up and carried her over to Darry's car. I place her in the passenger seat and buckle her in. I climb into the driver's seat, and we drive home together.