How Are You Feeling?

Steve's POV:

"I'm telling ya Steve, her and Soda are gonna get together," Two said drunkenly.

"I don't care if they get together," I said. "I care if he hurts her. She's already had so much pain in her life. Do you know how hard it would be if her best friend broke her heart?"

Two was about to answer when Cookie ran into the house, crying. "Cookie? What's wrong? What happened?"

"I'm gonna leave, bye Cookie and Steve," Two said as he tried to run out the door, but he was a little too drunk, and stumbled around a little.

I walked over to her, and sat her down on the couch. She was hyperventilating, so it took her awhile to calm down.

"Soda..," she started. Oh no. Did what me and Two were just talking about come true?

"What happened? What about Soda?"

"He...likes...someone...else," she said in between sobs.

"It'll be okay Cookie," I said, handing her a piece of chocolate cake. "He'll coon to his senses soon enough. It's late now, let's go to bed," I said as I grabbed her hand. Poor Cookie. Almost all the guys in her life hurt her in some way. I'm not mad at Soda. Maybe she didn't hear him correctly or something..?

Soda's POV:

Cookie ran down the hill, crying. I'm not sure why. I tried to run after her, but she kept running faster and I couldn't keep up. It hurt knowing she wouldn't tell me why she was crying. She typically does. I think about it on my walk back home. Maybe she'll tell me tomorrow. 

I walk into the house, and Pony and Darry are fighting again. Pony said something, but I ignored him and walked to my room. I can't stand the fighting, I hate it so much.

I flop on the bed and close my eyes. I'm not sure when I feel asleep, but the next thing I knew, my alarm was going off for work. I got changed, and headed to the kitchen. The usual morning crowd was here, except for Steve and Cookie. Weird, normally they're here in the morning.

"Soda, Steve called and said he'd meet you at work today," Darry said as he looked up at me.

"Okay. Did he say why?"

"No."

I walked over to the fridge, remembering what I had said to Cookie last night. Maybe that's why Steve's meeting me at work today?

After I finished my quick breakfast of chocolate cake, I headed to the DX. When I got there, I saw Steve working on a car.

"Hey Steve," i said approaching him.

"Hey."

Okay, that was kind of cold. I shrugged it off and went to the counter, half hoping I'd see Cookie. No luck.

The morning dragged on. Girls coming in to flirt with me, me hoping to see Cookie walk in. Maybe I'll stop by Dairy Queen again today on my lunch shift.

"Hey," my thoughts were interrupted as Steve walked in. "Cookie isn't feeling well. Can you handle the afternoon by yourself?"

Oh poor Cookie, she hates getting sick. "Yeah, of course I can. Does she need anything?"

"No, she'll be fine."

"Oh, okay. If she does, you know where to call," I said, hoping to get some reaction out of him.

"Yeah," he mumbled walking away, picking up a packet of M&Ms.

Today seems like the day for a lot of hoping and not much receiving...

Y/n's POV:

I woke up with my head pounding. I got up to look in the mirror, and my eyes were all swelled up. I felt a little light headed too.

As I walked into the kitchen, I remembered what happened last night. My head started to pound again, and I felt super light headed. "Steve," I mumbled before I collapsed on the floor.

My eyes fluttered open, and above me was a concerned looking Steve. "Steve, what happened?"

"You passed out. Did you feel light headed?" He asked, helping to pick me up. 

"A little, yeah. How long was I out for?" Did he not go to work because of me?

"Only a few minutes. Do you want some cake?"

"That sounds good," I said, slowly helping myself stand up. 

"Oh no no no. Here let me help you. Cookie, I want you to stay off your feet today," he said helping me sit on the couch. He handed me a piece of cake, a pillow, and the remote.

"Do you have to go to work today?" I asked sheepishly. I really didn't want him to take off work because of me.

"No, I'm staying with you the entire day. We can eat cake and watch TV all day," he said while smiling at me. As intriguing as it sounded, he needs to go to work. We can barely pay off the final bills as it is.

"Steve, you need to go to work. Please. We're almost behind on the bills this month. I'll be fine. Promise."

"Okay, but I'll be back in the afternoon and we'll spend all afternoon watching TV and eating cake," he said, putting another slice of cake in front of me. "In case you get hungry," he said with a wink.

"Go, you'll be late," I said smiling as he left the house.

The morning was pretty boring. I ate the other piece of cake, laid down, and watched Mickey all morning. I was kind of thirsty so I slowly got up to get some chocolate milk. I guess I wasn't feeling as good as I thought, because right as Steve walked through the door I fell over from dizziness. 

"COOKIE! ARE YOU OKAY?!" He screamed, running over and picking me up off the floor.

"I'm okay Steve, really. Oooo are those M&Ms?" I asked as I spotted the pack on the floor.

"Oh gosh Cookie. Yes, I got them for you," he said as I crawled over to the pack. "Soda asked about you." I froze. Soda, oh my Soda. Why can't you love me the way you love this mystery girl?

"What'd he say?"

"I told him you weren't feeling well. He asked if you needed anything and if you did to call."

A small smile appeared on my lips. 

"What happened Cookie? Please tell me. You know I would never let anything or anyone hurt you."