What Did He Say?

Y/n's POV:

I woke up in a cold sweat. I knew the dream wasn't real, but I just couldn't shake the feeling something bad was going to happen.

"Cookie?"

I jumped, startled at the voice. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Pony asked. I never understood why Steve didn't like him very much. Pony was always like a little brother to me. "I heard you scream no over and over again."

"Oh, yeah. It was just a nightmare," I say getting up and going to the kitchen.

"I have those too," he said with a frown on his face. "Haven't been able to sleep well since Mom and Dad."

I grabbed the cake out of the fridge and cut up two slices for me and him. "Thanks," he says with a small smile.

"No problem," I said, smiling in return. We sat there, eating our cake in silence for a bit.

"Why did you and Steve fight?" Pony asked, breaking the silence.

"We just- no reason," I gave up, knowing he wouldn't understand. "It'll be fine," I finally say, trying to give him a reassuring smile. It didn't work though.

"You can tell me, I'm 14 and 3 months, practically a man," he beamed.

I giggled at him. "Okay Pony."

"Cookie, I won't tell anyone."

"If you say so. But you never heard this?" I looked at him seriously.

"What conversation?" He asked, a sly smile on his face.

I told him, but I kept the major details out, only the minor ones. He's still too young for those even if he thinks he isn't.

"Oh," he said when I finished. "I guess I would be angry too."

I grabbed his plate and put it in the sink. "Yeah, it was hard to hear."

"You know, Steve was trying to look out for you. I know me and him don't get along well, but I think you should go home in the morning, to talk to him."

"I did talk to him," I snapped. "I'm sorry Pony, I didn't mean it like that," I sighed.

"It's fine. I get it. Darry never tells me when he's having trouble. Shoot, I don't even think he tells Soda."

"I'll go see him after school tomorrow. I haven't been in about a week now," I slightly laughed.

"Yeah, Alex came up to me with some questions."

"Oh? Like what?" Fuck him.

"Just where you've been and that he wants to talk," he paused, holding something back.

"What else?"

"And if you and Soda were a thing," he said, a small smile creeping up on his face.

"Oh come on now," I said picking up Pony and running outside so we don't wake people up.

"No! Cookie! Put me down!" He laughed.

"Not until you tell me what you said to him!" I said spinning around.

"Fine! Fine! I told him you were sick and you don't want to talk to him!"

"What else?!" I laughed, jumping up and down.

"Cookie! Please! I'm going to be sick!" He whined.

"Tell me!"

"I told him you and Soda were a thing, and that he needs to leave you alone!"

"Thanks," I say putting him down. He walks over to the fence, and throws up over it. "Ew," I grimaced.

"I told you dammit," Pony growled at me.

"Make sure to brush your teeth now."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he says as we walk back into the house. 

"Night Pony," I say, laying back down on the couch.

"Night Cookie."

Steve's POV:

"What are you doing here?" I growled at him.

"Look, I just want to see my kids. Is that too hard to ask for?"

"Yeah, it is. We're both pissed at you. You cheat on Mom, leave, and you know what happens?! She starts drinking herself to death! Now she's gone! She got hit by a car, because she was driving home to us! Drunk!" I screamed at him, my voice still raw from earlier.

"Look, I just want to see Cookie. Where is she?"

"Don't call her that you piece of shit," I seethed.

"Hey! Now I know I haven't been around, but I'm your father! You do NOT speak to me like that!" He yelled, punching me in my jaw. I fell to the floor, taken aback.

"You can sleep in the guest room. She isn't here," I grumbled getting up and going to my room.

If he touches her, he'll be a sorry man.

Y/n's POV:

I woke up to the smell of bacon and chocolate cake.

"Morning Cookie," Soda said and kisses my cheek.

"Morning Pepsi-Cola," I reply as he grins at me.

"Want some breakfast?" Darry asks from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm starving," I said getting up. I walk into the kitchen and to my surprise, Dal was standing there. "Hey Dal."

"Hey Cookie, how are you?"

"I've been better. Thanks for coming to the rescue last night," I say as Darry puts bacon on my plate.

"Anything for you," Dal said with a wink.

"Watch it Dal," Soda replies, giving him a warning glare. He comes up to me and kisses my head. "I gotta go Cookie, I'll see you tonight."

"Okay, bye Pepsi-Cola," I said to him, as he walks out the door following Darry.

I finish my breakfast as Two walks through the door.

"Oh there he is. I was wondering if you got stuck at home watching Mickey," I giggled.

"I did," he said, grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"You and your Mickey," I playfully rolled my eyes. "Pretty sure he's dating Minnie."

"Hey you better watch your tone missy," he points his finger at me.

"Let's just go to school."

"Oh she goes to school now. I was wondering if she was gonna mope around the house all day crying," Two smirked at me.

"Shut your damn trap Two," I snap.

Me, Pony, Johnny, and Two all walked to school together. As we walked through the door, all eyes fell on me. Dammit.

"Hey, it's just rumors. Don't listen to whatever the hell they have to say," Two whispered in my ear, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"Thanks Two," I smile softly at him. Me and him were like siblings too. Almost always fighting, but when it boils down to it, we'd do anything for each other.