Will You?

Y/n's POV:

After the gang sang happy birthday to me and Steve, we decided to do presents. Even though none of us have much money, we all always try to make birthdays and Christmas special for everyone.

"Okay Cookie, open Steve's present first," Dal said as Steve handed me a box.

I carefully unwrap the paper and open the box. "Oh Steve, it's beautiful," I breathed, carefully picking up the switchblade laying in the box. It had a pure wood handle, and our initials carved into the blade.

"I'm glad you like it Cookie," he said as he gave me a hug.

"I love it. How did you afford it?" My present wasn't nearly as nice, and now I felt awful.

"Don't worry about it Cookie, open Two's gift. He looks like he's gonna burst over there," Steve pointed at Two, who was jumping up and down in his seat with my present in his hand.

"Okay," I chuckled as Two handed me his present, barely able to contain himself.

When I opened the box, there was a double chained gold necklace, with a diamond on the top chain and a diamond heart on the bottom. I got teary eyed looking at it because it was almost prettier than the switch Steve got me.

"Two how did you-"

"Stole it."

Everyone looked at him weirdly.

"Well no- hold on. Lemme rephrase that. I saw it in the store and instantly thought of you. So I did kinda swipe it. Hope you like it," he said with a proud grin on his face.

"Well, thank you Two. You didn't have to steal it for me."

"You're welcome. And what can I say? I enjoy stealing."

I smiled and rolled my eyes at the boy. I opened the rest of my gifts. Pony had gotten me a new book. Darry had gotten me a picture of my mother and me. I cried when I opened that too. Johnny got me a new jean jacket. And Dal got me a lighter.

"For when you're bored and wanna set something one fire," he shrugged.

"Oh, uh, thanks Dal," I say as I give Steve and Soda a worried glance.

"Or she could use it to light her cigarettes..? Honest Dal," Darry rolled his eyes, smiling in amusement a bit though.

"So Cookie and Steve, now that you're 18, what are y'all gonna do?" Two asked, turning everyone's attention towards us.

We looked at each other for a split second and grinned. "TATTOOS!!" We screamed.

"Nice!"

"Cool!"

"Awesome!"

"Which is my gift to you Steve. I'm paying for 'em. Feels kinda shitty now though, since you got me that nice switch and all," I half frowned at my twin.

"Oh Cookie, you don't have to do that. I enjoyed getting the switch for you," he reassured me.

"Okay, if you insist."

We all ate some cake and smoked and drank some more. I truly was enjoying this. Probably one of the best birthdays ever.

"Hey Cookie, can I talk to you?"

"Sure Soda," I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking. My heart pounded in my chest. Was he going to breakup with me? No. He loves me too much. Right?

He lead me into the woods, and kinda disappeared as I got lost in my thoughts.

"Soda? Soda this isn't funny. Soda I have that lighter Dal gave me and I ain't afraid to use it," I said, my voice starting to shake again. Suddenly, I heard a soft hum of a voice, and it slowly got louder.

"L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very, very extraordinary. E is even more than anyone that you adore can. Love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it. Take my heart and please don't break it. Love was made for me and you."

The song we slow danced to on our first date.

With that, Soda came out of hiding and walked right up to me.

"Y/n y/m/n Randle. I loved you since we were born. Shit, probably even before that. I don't know much considering I dropped out. But I do know this. Every day you make me happier and happier. I want you to be my future and my life. I know we've only been dating a few months now, but we've known each other for 17 years. And I know I ain't the richest man, and that I couldn't afford to get you a ring. But I swear, once I have the money I will buy you the prettiest ring mankind has ever made. So, do you wanna do the honors, and make me the happiest man alive?"

He wanted me to marry him. Well, I may be stupid but I ain't a complete dipshit.

"YES! YES OF COURSE SODA YES!" I screamed as I jumped into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged him so tight. He had his arms wrapped around my waist and I never wanted this moment to end.

Soda's POV:

Holy shit. I'm marrying the best girl ever. Damn, I'm so fucking lucky. I swear I ain't gonna let nothing bad happen to her.