Bad Day?

Soda's POV:

"C'mon Steve, let's go," I said smiling at Cookie. "Bye Cookie, we love you," I said with a smirk on my face. Man, I love messing with her.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you guys too," she said while rolling her eyes. She's been my best friend since forever. It was always me, her, and Steve. We were like our own family within the gang.

"Bye Soda and Steve," Darry said as we walked out the door and he got in his truck.

We waved as he drove away. The DX was only a ten minute walk, and it was nice out today.

When we got there, Sandy was standing there waiting for me.

"SANDY!" I screamed as I ran up to her. I picked her up and spun her around. As I put her down, I noticed she looked upset. "What's wrong baby?"

"Don't call me that," she snapped. "Soda we need to talk." She glanced at Steve and said, "Alone," as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside.

"Okay, what's wrong? Why are you acting weird?" I asked, confused.

"Soda, I'm pregnant," she said bluntly.

"Oh! Baby that's wonderful!" I exclaimed as I picked her up and spun her around again. "I know I don't have much, but I'll make it work. I'll pick up another shift here, or I can work somewhere else. I'm going to do everything I can to raise our-" That's when it hit me. The baby isn't mine.

"The baby isn't yours Soda! Now put me down! God! Why do you have to be so happy all the damn time?! Honestly I can't believe you!" She screamed at me.

I couldn't believe it. She cheated on me. She took everything we had in threw it into the trash. "You CHEATED on me?! Sandy! How could you?! After everything we've been through! Everything I've done for you! How could you?!" I could feel my world falling apart from beneath me.

She slapped me. It stung, and i already had tears welling up in my eyes. I couldn't show her that she hurt me. "You never pay attention to me anymore! You're always working! And when you're not, you're too tired to hang out! So excuse me for wanting someone to take care of me and my needs!" She screamed in my face.

The pain was too much. First I lose my parents, now I'm losing Sandy. Who's next? Cookie? Darry? Pony? Steve?

"I'm leaving Soda. I'm not coming back. Goodbye."

"What was that all about?" Steve asked as Sandy walked away and out my life.

"She's pregnant. It's not mine," I whispered. I couldn't even believe the words were coming out of my mouth.

"Oh man, I'm sorry," Steve said.

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n!" Alex shouted.

"Alex!" I exclaimed as I ran into his arms.

"Hey darling! How are you?" He asked, planting a small kiss on my lips.

"You two need to get a room," Pony said rolling his eyes. A small blush appears on my face from the remark.

"Oh," Alex started, "Speaking of getting a room, Y/n, meet me here after school, okay? There's something I need to tell you."

A small smile formed on my lips, curious about what it was. "Will do."

"I'll never understand why he refuses to call you Cookie," Johnny says, as we walk away, into the school.

"He says it's too childish," I shrugged walking up the steps.

"I like it," Johnny said. "It means something to you."

The school day felt like it would never end. I kept wondering about what Alex wanted to talk about.

Finally, the moment came. Me, Johnny, and Pony were walking out of school.

"Y/N!" Alex shouted from across the yard.

"Alex!" I yelled waving at him. "I'll see you guys later. Have fun at the drive-in!" I said, looking over at Pony and Johnny.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" I asked as I ran up to Alex.

"Look, something happened."

My face fell. "What? What do you mean something happened?" I asked, anger slowly rising inside of me.

"Look, I was just poking fun with Sandy the other night and we were both super drunk. Well, we took things too far and I got her pregnant," he said, looking down.

I could feel my heart shatter in my chest. I could only think of Soda in that moment. Soda. He just lost his parents. Now he's losing Sandy too?

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face.

"Look, baby, it meant nothing. I'm sorry," he pleaded.

"No, it did mean something! If it didn't mean anything then you wouldn't of gotten her pregnant!"

"Hey now, you can't do that shit to me. We were drunk! I said I was sorry!" He screamed, getting in my face.

It felt like time was moving slowly. I could my arm raising, as my hand struck Alex's face. I would never hurt the people I love, but is it really love if they cheated?

"Y/N?! What the fuck was that for?!" Alex yelled, raising his hand to hit me.

Soda. I have to get to the DX. I just missed Alex's swing by bolting towards the DX.

"STEVE!" I shouted bursting through the doors, tears streaming down my face. "Where's Soda?!" I managed to get out in between my sobs.

"I think he's in the break room, he didn't have a good morning. Cookie? What's wrong?" Steve asked, concern laced into his face.

"Everything," I mumbled as ran to the break room. I opened the door to see Soda sitting on the ground with his face in his hands.