Why Didn't You Tell Me?

Y/n's POV:

As I sat next to Soda while he told me what happened, anger started to boil inside me. How could Steve not tell me?! I deserved to know!

I got up, determined to confront him. He needs to tell me the truth, the full truth. I quickly ran down the hill to our house. He was going to tell me, no matter what.

Steve's POV:

After we finished kicking the shit out of Alex, me and Two went back to my house, while Dal started to walk back to Buck's. When we got home, we watched Mickey and ate chocolate cake until all the sudden we heard the door open.

"Oh shit," I mumbled under my breath. Cookie ran into the room and she was crying. Anger glared in her eyes. She looked like she could kill any second now. "You," she seethed, pointing a finger at me.

Two looked at her, and quickly got up, said goodbye, and sprinted out the door, while Soda ran in all out of breath.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" She screamed.

"Look, Cookie, I only beat him up because he hurt you. I didn't even think you'd be this mad," I said still staring at her.

"What are you talking about?!"

"You found Alex at the park and he was knocked out cold?" I assumed, unsure of where this conversation was heading.

"WHAT?! Okay, look. I don't care if Alex is dead in a ditch somewhere when WE, have a bigger problem with us. HOW COULD YOU NOT FUCKING TELL ME I WAS RAPED?!"

Oh fuck.

"Look, Cookie. I was trying to protect you. I didn't want you growing up scarred of everything. I thought that maybe if I did that, you'd be a lot braver." I was standing up, facing eye to eye with her. The look of hurt and pain in her eyes broke me. I was never the strong one. Physically? Hell yes. Mentally and emotionally? That had always been her; and I always admired her for it.

"Trying to protect me?! Are you kidding me?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Someone RAPED me, I was in a coma for 3 months, and you didn't think that maybe you should tell me?!"

"Yeah, and you know what? I sat at your bedside, barely sleeping and eating for 3 months! I knew it was my fault you got raped! I never forgave myself for it! I sit in my room at night, wishing you had a better brother! One who came in time to save you. One who you loved," I said, choking down a sob. Tears were swelling in my eyes.

"Steve.." she looked at me with so much pain in her eyes. It hurt. It really hurt. "I do love you. You're my brother, and one of my very best friends. I will never stop loving you for that very reason."

I looked at her. She gave me a very short-lived soft smile. "I'm still mad at you though. You need to tell me what happened."

So I did something I had hoped for so long I wouldn't have to. I told my twin sister how she got raped when she was only 9 years old. I told her how I should've been walking with her, but I wanted to see a girl instead, so I left my own sister behind. I told her remembering the screams I heard as I walked through the Curtis' door. How I knew instantly they were her's. How I was praying on a miracle she was fine as we sprinted towards her. I told her how I cried all the way to the hospital, and how I'd fight with the doctors and nurses every time they told me to leave. I told her about how happy I was when she woke up, and how from then on I got nightmares every night, and went into her room to make sure she was there.

"Cookie, you're the only family I have left. Mom's dead, and Dad's never around. I love you so much. Everything I do is to protect you, because I can't forgive myself when something bad happens to you," I said, pulling her into a hug.

"Steve, I love you too. You're my only family too. But I think I'm going to stay with the Curtis' for a bit. I just need to clear my head," she said as tears fell down her cheek.

"Okay, I love you, and I'll always be here for you," I said as she got up and headed to her room.

Y/n's POV:

I was hurt that Steve never told me. What he told me hurt even more though. I just need to clear my head. Find myself. I went to my room, and grabbed a small suitcase from my closet. I heard a knock on my door and looked up.

"Hey," I said, smiling at the boy.

"How are you doing?"

"Depends, how much did you hear?"

"All of it," he said with a shrug, sitting down on my bed.

"So, is it okay for me to stay with you guys for a bit?"

"Of course. We always have our doors open," he smiled at me.

I packed the rest of my stuff and head towards the door. Steve gave me a sad smile, and I returned one. I hope he does okay on his own for a bit. Soda led me outside, and we started to walk back to his house.

"You never answered my question," he said, grabbing my hand.

"Oh?"

"How are you doing?"

"A lot is going on right now. I just need to clear my head and reset a bit. But I think for the first time in a while, I'm going to be okay," I said as we walked up to the door.

"Good," he said, planting a small kiss on my forehead.