19

Jungkook's pov:

There is a thing about fury..
Once it takes over, all your other senses blur out making you focus only on the cause of that fury.
It pulsates through your veins, with such adrenaline that you don't think about the consequences, you just do what you have to.

It wasn't just anger that took over my body when I saw that man misbehaving with her, it was bigger than rage, a murderous intent.

And after that moment I just let my body do what it felt. And that was choking him to death, infront of the civilians for everyone should know the consequences of intending harm to the future queen.

Instant death.

I was a second away from pulling his life apart from the useless vessel of a body before she stopped me.
And I realised she had the power to ignite such destructive emotions in me and dissolve them with just a snap of her fingers.

I have always been calm and composed. I don't even remember the last time I was angry, actually angry. Nothing that happened in my life was worthy enough of oozing out such disastrous and wrecking emotions. For the people who say that its a good thing to stay calm in every situation, they don't know what meaning it holds. It means that deep down we have given up on life and are just a hollow shell that lives on the outside for the very few people who would be affected by the real death.

I meant it when I said I was ready to take anyone's life or even kill myself if that meant her safety. But something in her eyes told me she was conflicted, she didn't fully believe me.
Why would she? Women here have always been treated like trash, be it a comman woman or the queen herself.

Someone coming out of the blue and making you the center of their world was not something they are used to. They'll always feel like you have another motive up your sleeve for it is too good to be true to be so important to a man.

Don't worry Little Sheep, you'll get used to it.

Now that I was in control of myself, I finally noticed the uniform he wore. Another fit of rage was about to spark in my veins. A Soldier's sole purpose is to make the civilians feel safe, to protect them not be the cause of their misery. How dare he take advantage of the power he was given?

Instead of been angry, I grew confused.

Is that..

That uniform belongs to the kingdom of Yangsan.

The kingdoms of Busan and Yangsan have been on good terms for a long time, precisely for the time my biological mother has been crowned as the queen.

If a Yangsan soldier is walking freely in the streets of Busan, it can mean only one thing...

I balled my fists at the realization.

I need to go back to the castle.

"Soobin-shi?" Y/N's hand on my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts. She stared at me, worried." Are you okay? You look pale."

I stared back at her, thinking. This was a very crucial moment for me. I had to make a decision and the consequences were going to be extremes, nothing inbetween. Either she was going to somehow magically accept everything I throw at her or she'll not even believe me and think I'm lying.
And something told me it was going to be the latter.

The soldier was still unconscious, laying on the ground like some discarded trash. If one is here, there must be a few others around here. Common people are also extremes, either they turn a blind eye to everything and anything happening around them or they'll show some hint of humanity and help.
In this case it was the former.
They were scared to approach thinking I'll act like a wild bull again and pounce on someone.