28

Y/N's pov:

I sat on the queen sized bed with my legs down as I mindlessly played with the beads on my dress. It didn't feel right to lay even though I was dead tired from sitting around for three days. This place was so foreign to me. From the soft mattress to the extravagant designing and even the cold chilly air deemed me as an outcast.

I don't know how long I sat there staring into a void before I made my way to the door. I just couldn't sit around and the loud silence in the room is killing me. Just when I was about to step out, the guards on the other side stopped me. "My lady, you are not allowed to step out."

"Pardon?" Someone please tell me, Jungkook didn't just imprison me in a cage made of gold.

"His Majesty's orders. You're strictly forbidden from stepping out." I helplessly looked around and noticed the number of guards around this room were more. What are you playing at Jungkook?

"For how long?" I whined.

"We do not know. Please step inside, My lady." I huffed and slammed the door. Does he plan on doing this forever? Keeping me from everyone and everything. He is making my life so much harder and playing my strings like I'm his puppet! Sit whenever he asks me to sit. Stand when he wants me to. He is not even close to the man I met in the forest.

Thank goodness that I didn't have to stay in the same room as his. Atleast he had the decency to provide me another one knowing I'd be uncomfortable.
"This chamber is yours now. Its entirely up to you if you want to stay here even after marriage. I'll wait for you."

"What if I want to stay here forever?"

"Then I'll wait forever. Y/N, I dont want to marry you to produce a heir or have sex with you all the time. I want it because its you. I won't mind if you don't let me touch you. Just the thought of you being titled as my wife is enough for me."

No! Now is not the time to blush and feel butterflies in your stomach. Get your head straight, Y/N.

***

Author's pov:

Eun Ae smashed another vase to the ground. Clutching her hair, she screamed. "That bitch!!" Her mother was going through the same but calming Eun Ae was more important. Eun Ae had managed to deceive everyone into believing that she was a polite and a softhearted woman, including her own father. But only her mother knew how bratty and short tempered she actually was.

"Eun Ae, calm down."

"Why!? Huh! She is not even that pretty." She whined and began pulling the curtains in frustration, angry tears glistening on her face.

"Stop it." She harshly pulled her daughter back. "Why are you destroying your beauty by crying over a nobody?" Making Eun Ae sit on the bed she softly began cleaning her face with a tissue. "Look what you've done. Now you'll have dark circles." Eun Ae stared at her as if her was crazy.

"Mother, who the actual fuck cares about that right now?" She taunted in a low grumpy voice, trying to control another wave of anger surging to burst out.

"I do." Her stare turned cold. "I have spent my entire life making you perfect. Don't you dare ruin that now." She said cupping the younger one's jaw. "If anyone points a finger at you, they question my hard work."

"But-"

"-Sh. Do you really think his mother will allow this to happen?" She chuckled, standing back straight.

"He made it clear, Mother. Didn't you see-"

"She won't go down without a fight. I just know that. I've seen her since childhood. If she wants something she'll get it. King Jeon here is at a disadvantage."