64

Y/N's pov:

Sitting inside this room, I've been doing nothing but count the seconds tick by. Its only been a few hours but it feels like a century has passed. I'm not allowed to go out of this room without Taehyung's company and the windows are locked from both sides successfully containing me in these four walls.

Did he actually think I would try to escape from up here? I know I've been training but not to an extent that I can easily do life threatening stunts just like that.

I have checked the entire room. There is nothing sharp or pointy to facilitate opening the door. There are several dresses which were brought here today itself hanging on the hangers. The dressing table has nothing but a blunt wooden comb and a huge mirror that surpasses the width of the table. Even the lavatory doesn't have much of anything.

In simple words, he has made this room escape proof.

Now I am just sitting idle on the bed, staring into space, just counting. It has been exactly 5 hours, 14 minutes and 7 seconds since I've been brought here. I ate the food he gave me after I made him eat bites of it and watched him for ten to fifteen minutes for any side effects. He was rather happy to eat from the same plate as mine.

I didn't swallow the medicine. He watched me for precisely 4 minutes before leaving the room and I had to stick my tongue to the roof of my mouth to prevent my mouth from salivating further. Keeping the pill above the gums would have been in vain if even the tiniest quantity entered my food pipe.

I recognised the medicines. One was for headache. One for potential fever. Another for lightheadedness. But I would be a fool to trust this man and blindly swallow them. Some other drug could have been mixed inside. And so I couldn't take the chances of being unconscious again.

I don't trust Taehyung anymore. Who knows what he would do to me while I was out of it.

The food given to me was lunch. That means he'll come again when its dinner time. If what Namjoon said was true, today was included in the two days Jungkook gave Ulsan to prevent war and surrender. That means, the day after tomorrow, there will be a real fight between the kingdoms.

The idea of waiting for Jungkook to come and get me out of here is reliable but it makes me look like a dead weight, a burden I don't want to become. I wasn't trained to rely on others. And this is exactly the type of situation I was trained for.

I need to come up with something as soon as possible. The perfect time to execute my plan would be when all the men of Ulsan's army including Taehyung will be busy in departing from here. Of course, he'll leave guards behind to keep check on me but at that time the castle will be having the least of man power.

That means I have one and a half day to come up with a plan.

And I can't mess this up.

If I do, I might be caged here forever.

And I can't afford that.

Another hour passes before the door opens again. I hear him before I see him. "Dinner's ready!" His over the top enthusiastic voice feels like chalk skidding on a board, every bit of irritating. I really don't like seeing him happy anymore. To think there was a time I could do anything to make him laugh.

I don't look up. I don't give him the satisfaction of having my eyes on him. One thing I've learnt and accepted about him is- He's obsessed with me. Even though I want nothing but to deny it, its true and it clearly reflects in his eyes.

"Don't you have preparations to make? You seem too idle for a king going into war." My voice holds nothing but mockery. I want to rile him up. I want to see the extent of his patience. He claims he won't ever hurt me, that he wants nothing but to love me but I'll prove him wrong.