59

Jungkook's pov:

My head hurts. I can feel my veins throb like they are about to burst. Everything feels fuzzy, hazy and blurry. My eyelids feel heavy, too heavy, I don't even want to open them but the constant burn in my chest is too concerning to ignore. 

When I force my eyes to open, I immediately shut them, the bright light piercing my irises, causing my pupils to constrict.

I try again, slowly. I see black spots everywhere. When my focus becomes clear and I am sure I'm in my own room, my first instinct is to reach out to Y/N. And so I do. I stretch my arm to feel her on the other side of the bed but I don't feel anything except the material of the blanket and the sheets.

Its not something to worry about. It has happened before, she goes to the lavatory early and bathes longer or has the enthusiasm to go train in the fields. Not finding her in bed was normal then why did I feel my heart stop for a moment?

Why do I feel like I've woken up after a lifetime?

My brain is consoling my heart that everything is fine. But why? My body feels drained out of all the energy I need to even get up and all I feel is a strong pull that is forcing me to stay put and not move even a little.

I sit up while rubbing my face, still suffering from the dizziness. My vision is blurry and I rub my closed eyes hard enough to damage my eye balls. It takes me a lot of blinking, squinting and scrunching of the nose to finally see well.

I almost flinch away, grab a pillow and throw it in the direction where I find Jimin sitting near the bed on a chair, his head hanging and a light snoring sound in the background. He is asleep.

His presence took me off guard. His snoring is loud enough to not go unnoticed yet I didn't hear it till I was fully in my senses. What the hell happened to me?

I stare at him with a big question mark on my face, then I look around the room. The air feels different. Its chilling. Its threatening, not giving a whiff of a homely feeling I was so used to. I'm just tired. I try to reassure myself. I tell myself its just because I haven't seen Y/N. I always got cranky or annoyed when i didnt see her the first thing in the morning.

When I stand up on my feet, I wobble a few times and it irritates me. Why do I feel so weak? I remember sleeping last night. I remember Y/N's uneven breathing just when my eyes were so close to snapping shut. I remember pulling her in my embrace and comforting her, telling her she didn't need to worry about anything, telling her to sleep, that her nightmare was just a nightmare.

Leaving the sleeping man in my room, I slowly go inside the lavatory not before giving a wary glance back to his head. I need to ask him, what was he doing in my room? Why would he invade my privacy like this? Why did he look so tired, exhausted? Dead. But I let those question take a back seat. He looked like he could use some sleep.

Its empty.

Not a sign of life around. Not even the maids are roaming around to prepare a soothing bath for her.

It sends me spiraling into thoughts. Its only then I realise my mouth tastes like medicine. I smell like medicine. Like someone drowned me into a pool of herbal remedies and supplements. This revelation makes me stare at the floor for far to long in pure confusion.

Did I fall sick? Did Y/N tend to me? Is that why she isn't here? That would make sense. But at the same time, it doesn't. Nothing adds up.

I drag my feet back into the room-

"You shouldn't be out of bed." I snap towards the source of the unfamiliar sound, my body going rigid, slipping into a fighting stance. My fists are clenched up tight and my muscles radiate tension and I'm surprised doing just that makes me feel exhausted. Like I did something out of my comfort level.