30

Author's pov:

Y/N quickly stood up hearing a knock on the door. She waited for someone to enter but realised they were waiting for her permission. "Come in."

A few maids entered with a lot of accessories. They all collectively bowed to her. "My lady, we are here to get you ready for dinner."

Y/N glanced at the accessories that were now placed on the bed. Jewellery, matching sandals and a beautiful gown having mixed shades of fern green and embroideries of cream colour. When the maids gestured Y/N to enter the lavatory, she quietly followed.

Walking further, she was instantly hit with the fragrance of lily of the valley with a tint of lilac. A pool filled with the flowers came into sight. "Please remove your clothes and enter the pond, My lady." A sudden nervousness took over her senses. She had never been naked in front of anyone before with a certain exception and it made her feel restless. There were three to four maids present. Even though they were women, it still was awkward for her to undress.
Can't I just bathe by myself?

"Its alright. Its just us women here." One of them sweetly smiled at her causing some of the nervousness to fade away. Slowly she stripped off the clothes leaving herself bare. Crossing her legs and covering her breasts with her hand, she checked the temperature of the water with her toe. A wave of calmness travelled through her body when the lukewarm water made contact with her skin. Quickly slipping inside, she relished  in the feeling.

For the next half hour or so, the maids thoroughly washed her body and hair with milk and honey. They later made her wear the dress sent for her and gave steam to her wet locks. Y/N was completely dumbfounded throughout. She's never had such princess treatment. They even put kohl on her eyes and dabbed cherry juice on her lips and cheeks. The jewellery came next.

The gown that she wore had a scoop neckline accentuating her collar bones and chest. The diamond necklace and small matching earrings were perfect against her skin and complimented the dress. Her dark hair were let loose.

Y/N took a moment to realise it was her she was looking at through the mirror. She looked so...different.
"You look beautiful, My Lady." The others agreed with her.

"A guard will show you the way to the dinning room in a few minutes. We will take our leave now." They all bowed and left but Y/N was too occupied to acknowledge.
Is that me?

She delicately touched the outline of the necklace, turning her neck. Turning around, she twirled and looked at trail of the dress. Am I capable of looking this beautiful?
Take me out of this and what am I?
Will I still be beautiful?

She sighed. Ever since she stepped inside the palace, only negative thoughts had consumed her mind.
Why does the smallest of the smallest thing feels conflicting?

***

Y/N's pov:

I stopped walking right outside the doubledoor. Will he be alone? Will there be other people too? The thought of meeting his family members was more nerve wrecking than I cared to admit. Taking a deep breath in I knocked on the door.

Everyone's attention was on me now. Stepping inside, I took in the sight of the enormous hall with a long dinning table. A shiny chandelier studded with candles in the middle of the roof. I frantically looked at the far end of the table to find the familiar pair of eyes. They were already looking back at me, unblinking.

He was in his proper attire with a large fluffy robe and the crown proudly resting on his head.

I felt a little embarrassed under his unwavering gaze. A completely different version of myself stood infront of him and I couldn't help but think of his thoughts on it. He brought his fist near his lips and leaned on the table, still maintaining the eye contact. It was silent. Dead silent.