Vol 2. Chapter 12: Zodiac Exam [4/4] - Y's Last Message

[Third Person Pov]

[12th August, 19.04]

On one of the few bars on the cruise, a magenta haired boy was drinking a cocktail drink. That person was Ryūen Kakeru, the leader of Class D.

All of a sudden, Albert, Ibuki, Kaneda, Ichizaki, and Hiyori appeared, who seemed to be immersed in their talk, not noticing Ryūen, who is a few meters away from them, sitting and drinking his cocktail drink.

"I'm telling you Ichizaki, Ryūen is unpredictable. Don't think you can apply logical reasoning on him. He'll do whatever he likes. Just like in the previous exam, this exam will not be different. Whether we lose or not is entirely based on his mood."

The person who said that was Ibuki Mio, who is one of the few that is infuriated the most about Ryūen.

Yet she chose her words carefully. In her opinion Ryūen had definitely won from all four classes the most from the previous exam.

The deal with Katsuragi, the humiliation those arrogant bastards from Class A suffered, the 121 Class Points they earned, and additionally the information of some other smart individual being in Class B aside from Kurushima, called X.

There is not only X, but also Y, who is from what Ryūen and everyone else, even Ayanokoji himself believes, that Y must be from Ichinose's class. 

After all, Ayanokoji and Ibuki were quite confident about noticing anything happening in the morning if anyone were to wake up, go away and coincidentally try to deliver a message to Ryūen.

One did they know that Kurushima had studied during their first day the sleeping rhythm of both of them and noticed that they both would slightly wake up during two to three a.m in the morning. Precisely why he chose going to the camp at one a.m in the morning.

"Ibuki-san, don't say that. I'm sure Ryūen-kun has some plans and won't let our class loose," contronary to what Ibuki believed, Hiyori refused, knowing that Ryūen isn't the same as before anymore.

The first very obvious hint was her being entrusted to be the leader during the Island Exam.

In normal cases Ryūen wouldn't have entrusted anyone aside from him with that position because of the mistrust he harbors against his own class.

Yet, he acted contrary to what everybody thought. He decided to trust her and grew as a leader in Hiyori Shiina's opinion.

One of the things Ryūen was lacking, according to her, was that he didn't trust anyone and ruled the class with fear.

Those who did not obey would be punished, and those who obeyed wouldn't.

That was the single logic of how Ryūen ruled the internal affairs of his class.

It'd take a handful of time until Ryūen can trust her and her other classmates completely.

"I suppose you are right, Hiyori."

"Nicely done, Shiina. Right, Albert?" asked Ichizaki.

"[Good Job, Shiina]," commented Albert in English while raising his thumb.

"Ibuki, do you have that much distrust on me? Hehehe, good to know. But let me be straight clear right now. I don't plan on losing this exam. But we won't be precisely winning this exam as the sole class either," exclaimed Ryūen.

"What? What do you mean?" she asked.

"Although I have figured the pattern out, we are not the only class that knows it. Class B—No, Kurushima has figured it out," said Ryūen, in a calm demeanor.