Vol. 4 Chapter 14: Kurushima vs. Ayanokoji

A/N: Here comes the chapter.

I hope you all will like it.

Please make sure to leave a comment there in the end cause it will be very helpful.

Anyway, that's going to be everything.

Hopefully you have fun reading this chapter.

[Word Count: 7698]

--

[Ayanokoji Pov]

[22nd December]

"Then you must be Y, I presume."

The person in front of me neither affirmed it nor denied it.

Even if he remained quiet, I'd have expected him to nod or shake his head at least.

In the end, I expected that much, at least from him. Then again, the person in front of me was clearly not intending on revealing his identity.

It was evident by the fact that he wore a black mask that entirely covered his face. But not many people should have been aware of my meeting with Ryūen, today.

But it's not something Y would not been able to deduce, anyhow. My actions in the Sports Festival should have made this clear, already.

In the blur of a moment, Kurushima, who was supposed to participate in the Sports Festival at the Final Rally as our final runner, had to retire, who was also our fastest runner, and instead, I participated, for his stead.

Ryūen was under the impression that I'd be hiding, and this matter itself, was purely coincidental, so he naturally would also not think I'd be using this.

X, the Mastermind, relied on simple luck?

That was not his impression of X, at all.

In the end, I did. It's not something I intended too, initially, but I've had a change of mind, when the opportunity arrived.

A few plans I had in mind changed, but in the end, the result would have been the same, no matter which plan I chose regarding Ryūen.

However, Y, who knew me back from the Island Exam already, should have gotten confirmation of my intention, with this, too.

Instead of hiding myself, I wanted this violent confrontation all along, because it was the only language Ryūen would have understood.

It's something Sakayanagi was able to deduce, most likely, due to her association with the White Room, as I was the White Room's one and only success.

But it was not her alone, too. That included Kurushima, too, who deduced it based on one of our conversations, and simple logical reasoning on what happened so far.

After clearing the issue that I never wanted to hide from Ryūen's eyes, it was clear for him.

Of course, Y was different.

However, even if he did not realize it at that point, there were plentiful of occasions,, he could have used, for his deductions.

The Cruise Ship with the Karuizawa situation, if he asked his classmates from Class D about something strangely occurring in the meetings of the Rabbit Group.

He should have been able to deduce something going on with Karuizawa, which made her reliant on other boys, essentially, since she was around Mashida, closely, from the current Class A, even though, she had a boyfriend.