Vol 1. Chapter 14: Flashback Chapter [3] - The Pain That Persists

[Kurushima Pov]

[4 Days Later]

I didn't go out of my home, unless it was governmental business, such as making Aoki my guardian and being asked whether I was okay with that.

I wrote down a simple yes, and that was all.

Aside from that, I didn't do anything besides eating and sleeping these days. I didn't have the energy to do anything else. I also don't feel like going to a therapist.

I simply...

Don't think I'm able to go there...

After that day...

I lost hope in people...

These guys...

They were clearly covering up the incident...

But...

I can't do anything...

I'm weak and pathetic...

I can't even question them in the slightest...

How should I even do that???

Mother...

Father...

Kyō...

K-Kaori...

I'm sorry...

I'll never be able to avenge you...

I'm pathetic...

I wish...

I would have the strength...

But I don't have it...

[1 Day Later]

I heard the door knocking. "Young Master, today is your family's funeral," Aoki exclaimed, his voice holding extreme sadness.

"Hmm," I replied, my voice being in an stoic and empty tone.

"Young Master, here is your breakfast," Aoki said, as he rolled the kitchen trolley from the side in my room.

"It's your favorite sandwich, alongside fried eggs," Aoki expressed, trying to cheer me up day after day with my favorite dishes.

As usual, I looked at him empty and expressed my gratitude. "Thank you, Aoki."

Aoki bit his lips again, and did a graceful bow. "No worries, Young Master," he said, walking away, leaving the kitchen trolley with my favorite sweets, desserts and drinks here.

I ate up and saw Aoki coming punctual again. Since four days ago, I take up to two hours to eat relatively small dishes, eat able within three to five minutes.

Aoki looked at me again with an sad and pitiful look, as he took as usual the half covered food plate away and the kitchen trolley which was left untouched.

"Young Master..." Aoki muttered, as he moved away, figuring out that I'm only going to reply with one or two words at most.

After I remained two hours in my room, I saw the door knocking again, seeing Aoki entering because the funeral is approaching.

Aoki walked to me, taking a suit out. I took it from his hands and clothed myself into it.

"Young Master?" Aoki exclaimed, surprised, but also relieved, that I took the initiative.

"Aoki, let's go," I said, my tone remaining stoic, as we both walked to the car.

--

[1 Hour Later]