Drunk And Sober

It's one in the morning. I am mostly drunk. Not horrible. Not blacking out. But drunk enough to know when I get up to leave, I am leaving with Claire and going to let her do whatever her drunk ass wants to do to me.

Claire is an amazing friend. But when she's drunk, she has a bad habit of wanting to sleep with our group of friends. She's straight when she's sober and gay when she's drunk. And honestly. I don't care. I'll let it happen.

Jack the bartender booked it the fuck out of here the moment he could. I've hit on several college guys but most everyone noticed and heard what 'Miranda the skank' said and now I am most likely not getting any dick tonight. It is what it is. I usually don't do one-night stands anyway.

The music is at least good, and I am fine with going to bed tonight without anyone in it with me. I'm not drunk enough to get the spins when I pass out so maybe if I stop drinking now, it won't get to that point.

"Running to the bathroom," I announce and get off the barstool. I walk through the slimmed-down crowd of people and push into the hallway off by itself. The only way to explain the hallway is as soon as I walk through the entrance, I hook a quick left and then there are two doors. Men and women. And no one in the bar can see you unless they come to take a piss or whatever the fuck they have to do.

I get into the women's room, piss, wipe, get up, wash my hands, and leave the bathroom. As soon as I step out, I bump into someone.

"Hannah!" Ryan says, sounding mostly sober. "I'm sorry."

"Ryan?" I question and shake my head in confusion. "I thought you left?"

"No. Miranda left. She has a boyfriend, and he was here with his friends. He didn't even acknowledge me. I guess it's not the first time she's tried cheating on him."

I chuckle. "Wait? He's keeping her. I'd leave her ass in a heartbeat!"

"Yeah!" Ryan adds and raises his eyebrows which draws a concerned look on his face. "I never would have accepted her date had I known she was with someone. I was hesitant to take her out before knowing she had a boyfriend. And now I feel like shit."

I bump my shoulder playfully against him. "There are still plenty of women in the bar. You could find someone to take back to Rogers tonight."

"Drunk women." He mumbles unenthused. "I'm not the type to sleep with a drunk woman..." He pauses while realizing what he's saying. "Exceptions have happened!"

I try to fight back my drunken giggle, but I can't. He's cute when he's nervous and I'm not drunk but buzzed up enough to find him stupidly hot!

And here I go again! Stop it!

"Yeah, exceptions have happened." I purposely acknowledge while running my hand down the front of his shirt. I don't even realize what I am doing until he wraps his hand around my wrist and gently moves my hand.

His eyes gaze into mine with something I have never seen from him yet when we are alone. He looks at me like I'm important. Like I matter to him. And that should scare me.

"You can't run your hand down my chest." He says softly and I'd swear I could hear arousal in his tone too. "That night I went down on you. It took everything inside of me not to fuck you. I wanted to so bad, and I stopped myself for obvious reasons."

I'm partially drunk. So, I know how I am going to respond even though I shouldn't.

I pull my wrist from his loose hand while still gazing into his eyes. "Why didn't you fuck me that night, Ryan?"